1/72 Messerschmitt 109s, a mixed bunch!

@phil2015 @Russelle I’ve created a support topic about the photo issue, we’ll see what turns up!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

1 Like

Yes, no smoking is the best way, Magnus. But we all know, that Marseille didn’t die of smoking. And Galland even had an ashtray in the cockpit and he lived a long life.

1 Like

This one has been on the back burner since Christmas but now it’s time to get it finished!

I wasn’t that happy with the model after painting but a bit of weathering has helped and I kind of like it now…

…wheels are from the nowadays rather badly pilfered 109E double-boxing from Eduard :slight_smile: . The Fine Molds originals are rather shallow and simply don’t look the part at all.

A bit more weathering is certainly needed, that spinner is very white and the rudder is very red…

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

5 Likes

Oh well, now it’s finished. It didn’t turn out as hoped (and no, this isn’t fake modesty, it doesn’t hold up to closer scrutiny!). It started with me breaking into the cockpit to install the head armour, after that the canopy never sat that well. There is an unsightly little line on top of the nose where I didn’t make up my mind on how to handle the hinges and then simply forgot about it when returning to the build a few weeks later. The Fine Molds decals that I used, mostly stencilling, are thick and ugly. A whole list of small things to dislike :slight_smile: ! On the +side, I have a whole bunch of Fine Molds 109s to prove that I can do it better next time. And then there will be rivets, especially if doing another one in this kind of camouflage!

It has, of course, now been added to the collection!

Hälsningar

Magnus

2 Likes