1/72 Revell S-100 class W/ Griffon PE

Ok today I just got the Revell 1/72 and cracked it open! The sprues are very nice and almost flash free, and all the parts have very nice detail. I will probably start building some small subassemblies but not glueing anything because im still waiting on the griffon PE set which is coming from china… (who knows how long thats gonna take.) Anyways some pics!

The PE set for it

6 Likes

Nice move Ezra :slightly_smiling_face:
Following with interest.

This will be a fun one, Ezra, I’m looking forward to watching the whole come together. I hope you decide to put her in the water. Those S-boats look fast - even sitting on the cradle!

:grin:

Hi Ezra, I started a topic on this model on my own website as a building project. S-100 Schnellboot. Maybe some info you can use ? If so put a request in the contact form on http://model-maniac.nl. looking forward to share experience. CU Arie

Thank you for the offer Arie! This build will have way more PE then im used to so this will be a fun build! :grinning:
( I ordered the set on Oc.1 and its the 25 so hopefully I should get it soon.)

Ezra,

this looks like a pretty cool kit, looking forward to your b build log and I am in and following!

Cheers
Jan

Thanks for tagging alone Jan! Cant wait to post more on the build! :smile:

Hi Ezra, i’m looking forward to see the build. I got my PE set through Ebay in 2 weeks. It was worth the (short) wait. Im following your topic too. Hope to learn a few things tagging along.

GRTZ

Arie

Hallo Ezra,

Here are some more details parts for your 1:72 scale model from shapeways: IRON-Models by xrz100 - Shapeways Shops

kind reards

Christian

Well some sad news, eBay just wrote to me saying that they refunded my PE set. Like they gave no explanation or anything so Im out a PE set for this kit now. So I need to buy a new one or something. If anyone has one or knows where I can buy one from the US or really anywhere really I would appreciate it. Anyways I’ve finally started some work on the kit and hope to have some progress pics tomorrow.
P.s. If anyone Is willing to sell a set Im willing to pay up to $25
(All my model money I have right now :sweat_smile:)

Hi Ezra!
BNA model have a pretty good range I believe :hugs:

Sorry to hear that, Ezra.

I took a quick look around and it seems like you’ll be lucky to find a 1/72 S-100 PE set for less than $40. BNA model have the Griffon set for about $51 USD.

Thanks guys, I just bought the Eduard PE set because it looks fairly nice and it ships from the US. I should hopefully have it in about a week.

So I’ve decided to take a break for a couple days from the Gato to work on this, The kit is honestly very nice and I would have no problem building it OOB but I want some PE for the gun shields and what not. I was also surprised by the size, about 20 inches long. There were a couple fit issues Im taking care of but over all Im very happy with the kit.
Imgur

Imgur
Some pictures of the surprisingly very crisp detail.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
A quick side by side with the Cobia.

1 Like

I have a question, does anyone know of any different color schemes for the Schnellboot? I want to build another with the Flak 38 20mm so I dont want two boats with the same gray color scheme, so if anyone knows of any other ways the Schnellboot was painted I would love to see them.

Ok, my Eduard set finally arrived so finally started applying the PE to the ship. I started with the AA guns, and Ive finished one so far.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
I plan on doing the torpedo racks next.

3 Likes

Nice. As usual, the etched metal parts are a huge improvement!

1 Like

Indeed nice work, SCHATTON also has some 1:72 gun barrels for the 2 cm Flak, in case you want to add more details, there are also parts for detailing available at shapeways: IRON-Models by xrz100 - Shapeways Shops

kind regards

Chistian

1 Like

Ooo, that looks sharp Ezra! :slight_smile:

1 Like

1:72 scale is ok through Shapeway, I just send a package with resin printed parts to the US, this now - due to Covid19 - is taking airmail by default and cost about 56 EUR a package. Sayining you can order a few parts through Shapeways, paying their Pharmacy prices, alternat