1951 Chevrolet Styleline station wagon rail inspection car

Now interestingly enough there are locomotive driver castings available In HO that might be readily adaptable to larger scales. Yes, research needed.

2 Likes

Speaking of rail inspection vehiclesā€¦

3 Likes

I am not familiar train like I am plastic models, please tell me more.

1 Like

Darn -we went there two summers ago and missed that. Saw the haunted hotel which had a sinister history.

The beaver in that town is pretty rowdy.

2 Likes

Walthers is a major distributor of Model RR parts etc. (https://www.walthers.com/). Search their catalog for wheels, wheel sets is a good starting point. Taylor the search to ā€œOā€ scale (1/48) or ā€œGā€ scale (1/22.5) provides some options. Another source for parts is Precision Scale (https://precisionscaleco.com/). Searchable on-line catalog. They are a much smaller co. so availability/lead times can be a challenge. I have never had an issue w/not getting what I ordered, just had to wait a while some times. Communication w/them was good.

The hi-rail models I was thinking of are apparently not currently available. I donā€™t believe that the mechanics are so complex however that they couldnā€™t be worked out. I know there are several guys on this site w/the capacity.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. :+1:

Thanks Tim - well done!

The AT&N had a good looking decapod, No. 41. After a stint at the Mid-Continent Railroad Museum, " Jerry Jacobson won the auction, and had No. 41 moved to his Age of Steam Roundhouse in Sugarcreek."

AT&N became part of the Frisco. Love me some SL&SF!

Late to the party as usual but I am for it - a campaign where everyone could build their own custom rail inspection vehicle!

Group, sorry I have been absent. So glad you guys have been ā€œkeeping the bearings greased.ā€ Hoping that by summer I will be back in full participation.

Here is a Pintrest page with 140 inspection cars - including a VW bus!

2 Likes

I have an inspiration!!

Uintah Ry No. 52 made from a Mack truck

With this!

Iā€™ll use their stake version.

4 Likes

@Buckeye
@Tank_1812

Wiseman model service also has a vast array of parts.

1 Like

Well guys, to be honest, I forgot all about even making the suggestion for a campaign. Too many other things on my mind I guess. If you guys would like to do a campaign, I guess I donā€™t know why we canā€™t submit the idea for approval. To me it would be kind of a fun and easy campaign. Simple rulesā€¦build anything you wantā€¦based on an actual vehicle or one you dream upā€¦civilian or militaryā€¦real railroad line or one you make upā€¦any scaleā€¦any eraā€¦any countryā€¦any paint schemeā€¦etc. etc.

For you members that have electric train layouts you could always build a working one to run on your track.

Just a ā€œhave fun and build what you wantā€ kind of a campaign.

So, if you are interested, please let me know and we will go from there.

Thanks,
Randy :grinning:

2 Likes

Interested

1 Like

Sameā€¦interested.

Aoshima De Lorean kit has a 1/24 scale railroad track base. BTW would this kit qualify for this campaign?

1 Like