1966 Lola T70 Mk. 2

This is only my second build post here so please bear with me ~ I wanted a 1:12th scale Lola T70 Mk. 2 ( open car ), there are no kits in that scale ~ there Is however a 1:12th T70 Mk. 3 kit, a coupe ~ I decided to try to “print” a shell and fit it over the rolling chassis of the Tamiya T70 kit. I like the #7 car shown in the picture here as a subject ~:

6 Likes

Watching this with interest- could you elaborate on your “ print “ process for the body shell ?
I’m sure others would like to know as well .
Cheers- Richard

Hi Richard, I contacted my go -to printer Luis in Spain for this project, he has helped me on other jobs: Products tagged: panzer - Shapeways 3D Printing, he downloaded a file from a 1:24th slot car and we worked from there to improve it ~

4 Likes

1/12 car parts (youtube.com)

1 Like

Here the primed printed body sites next to the Tamiya shell ~

3 Likes

Here are a few more pictures of the shell being readied for paint… the grey primer will help as material is removed, the primer will show the low spots.

3 Likes

Tamiya rolling chassis is done, all the individual body panels are now epoxied together, put paint over the primer, starting to take shape.

3 Likes

This is coming along beautifully. I think the Lola was one of the better looking Can-Am cars and it’s a shame that Tamiya never did the roadster version.

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Thanks very much Sir ! this has been a challenging project… lost more paint is on, custom decals as well…

5 Likes

Very nice ! And fast progress.
Cheers Richard

That’s a great outcome. Maybe you can sell Tamiya the CAD :grinning:

cheers
Michael

Thanks Gentlemen ~ its nearly done, need to find a windshield, it will be a challenge ~

4 Likes

More pics of the 1:12th Lola T-70 Mk. 2 ~

4 Likes

That looks just awesome. I have a diecast of that somewhere from many years ago. Nice to see one built especially given what you did in have the body created to fit the Tamiya kit.

cheers
Michael

Thanks Micheal, all thats left now is to make a windshield, that will be a real challenge ~ I got the seatbelts from Model Factory Hiro, same outfit that makes your Ferrari kit.

2 Likes