24H Le Mans 2019 - Toyota TS050 Hybrid Gazoo Racing - Tamiya 1:24

Hi mates,
I started to build this fantastic car ( N° 7 Buemi/Nakajima/Alonso)

First steps, a black layer inside …

A Layer of LP-2 (White)…

Gazoo#011 by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

Gazoo#012 by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

masking and a layer of Tamiya LP-5 (Semi Gloss Black) andLP-1 (Black)

Gazoo#013 by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

Gazoo#014 by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

Gazoo#015 by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

Windows painted…

Gazoo#016 by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

1 Like

Watching this with interest as I am looking to add this too the stash.
Andy :slight_smile:

Off to a great start, very nice work so far!

Cheers, D

Rod,
I keep on putting off this kit for reasons I just can’t explain. I guess it’s that i want to actually do the Penske IMSA P1 car, but I haven’t spent the time to see if there’s much in the way of differences. The kit really does look like a winner.

Great start on a rather difficult paint scheme. the white & Black look perfect. I’m really looking forward to seeing how the Red turns out. And all the glass came out perfect as well. Does the kit come with masks?

Just one question. Is the Tamiya LP line of colors their Lacquer line? Been waiting for them forever to be available here, but so far it’s a no go, so I’m still using Gunze Mr. Color Lacquers.

joel

Hi Joel
The kit come with the mask but you have to cut them and the LP are the Tamiya Lacquer.

If you are interested, below a quick look inside the box:

1 Like

Instrument panel and cockpit assembly

by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

Rod,
Thanks for posting all the spures. BTW, excellent job on the instrument panel, and that seat is amazing.

joel

Excellent work, so far Rod.

Cockpit assembled …

by Rodolfo Masti

by Rodolfo Masti

by Rodolfo Masti

by Rodolfo Masti

by Rodolfo Masti

1 Like

Rodolfo,
The cockpit capsule really looks the part with so many details that pop right out at you starting with the seat harness.

Interesting how the latest versions of the various GT cars are basically some form of open wheel tub with the engine/trans attached as a stressed member. Add the enclosed side pods and a full width front end clip to convert it to a GT car.

Joel

Fitting test

y Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

1 Like

Rod,
The fit looks perfect as we’ve come to expect of all of Tamiya’s recent kits. I do like the fact that they molded the Black sections, leaving just the Red as decals or painting. Which way are you planning on going with the Red?

joel

Hi Joel,
I tried to use the decal but I had a big trouble with the front decal … and now this is the situation

I’m trying to use a red paint for the front that looks like the decal’s red …

Rodolfo,
That’s really bad luck for sure. At least the Red decals are over white so the paint shouldn’t have a color tone shift. As for which paint, I checked out Gravity of Spain and they do indeed have the proper color.

They ship DHL and it takes about 3-4 days to get the paint.

joel

Thanks for the tip Joel.
:+1:

Rodolfo,
Just glad that I could help. That’s one of the great things we have going for our site.

joel