2x African American heads 1/35

Hi guys!
I am gathering material for a project and for this I need 2 heads or figures that are suitable to use as or convert to African American WW2 US tank crew.
They are to man a M5A1 of the 761st Tank. Bat. Europe late '44. So no summer uniform.

Can anyone point me to suitable sets? Or maybe even have some heads??
Thanks!!

I don’t have any, but Hornet makes quite a few sets of African heads.

1/35 african heads for sale | eBay

I know, but I do not have the skills to butcher those and add helmets.
So I was hoping for plastic ones, which cost less and are easier to work with (or mess up).

Ron,
You in the US? These CADs can be 3D printed in 1/35, and will be much cheaper than a Hornet set.
“head_man” (Free_basemesh_head_man - Download Free 3D model by mono (@michela.000) [7a8eb46] - Sketchfab) by mono is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0).

“African Dude” (https://skfb.ly/6oUzD) by doncha_magoso is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0).

“Danny Brown 2013” (Danny Brown 2013 - Download Free 3D model by twoeyes [917bbbd] - Sketchfab) by twoeyes is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0).

PM me if you reside in the US and interested in 3D prints.

Kind regards,
James

4 Likes

Sorry, no. I live on the other side of the Big Drink a.k.a. Atlantic.
But thanks for the offer!

No problem. That’s too bad. Good luck.

James, They look good. You might consider adding haircuts and/or facial hair. … and with ‘Black History Month’ coming up in February…

IMG_0298

PS: Hornet Heads take forEVER to deliver.

—mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.