3 posts and you're out

Hi all,

I’m wondering why after 3 consecutive posts in a given topic it is no longer possible to add another until someone else has posted, is there a specific reason for this?

This has occurred in ‘Campaigns/Group Builds’.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

It’s an anti-spam prevention measure from stopping bots from blanketing topics or the forum in general.

There is not really a great need to post new entries one after the other if you can just hit the edit icon and amend your original post as well.

I was about to say it was anti-spam but Jim apparently was on the case.

Did this happen to you, or another member? I didn’t think this was in play unless your trust level was at a new user level.

I suspect the goal is to encourage folks to make a longer more detailed post instead of several shorter posts at appropriately the same time.

I’ve posted five in a row before in a build thread but the posts were spaced out over hours or several days.

Yeah I think this may be a timing thing and it just didn’t like that so many posts were going up one after the other.

For example the system tracks the time it takes to create posts and several times it has caught bot accounts because even though there post was mostly normal it detected that they would have had to type at superhuman speeds in order to add them. Pretty clever I thought tracking that. :smiley:

Clever, but scary - that’s how Skynet starts, and we all know how that turned out! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Thank you all for the prompt feedback, much appreciated, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

It did happen to me, so I shall try to be more frugal with my thank you responses, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

1 Like

Can you give me a link to the post it happened in? I would like to see what was posted so I can get an idea of how that’s working. I would prefer not to have ‘member’ trust level or above getting shut out like that.

Not sure if this works but, as requested, hopefully this link will take you to my last post.

G

Hmm… so your prior post before that was over a day ago? And I assume you tried to add another message after that last one and that is when you got the message?

Hi Jim,

Yes, so in the end I simply edited the last post and added the new images. It still said 2 days old, but the edit was yesterday, so 1 day…if that makes sense?

G

Well… I might have time to test this later, but do me a favor and screen shot any messages you get like that in future and post them here. The setting for this is pretty clear it should only be affecting new users. And your user account is 2 trust levels above that level.

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks Jim, I will try and add some I wanted to post, I’ll do it now and see what happens, will send copy of message if it happens again.

G

3 Likes

Lol… I am doing some coding on the new sites and literally just said to myself “I do not like it said Sam I Am” and then clicked to this. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jim,

I tried to add a new post before anyone else got in and the same thing occurred, and these are the messages that cropped up…

I’ll be logging off now, but thanks for your help, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Reply number one just to test

Reply number two just to test

Reply number three just to test