3 tones russia modern camouflage

what is the right ak real color or tamiya reference for russian green for 3 tone camouflage on modern russian armor
I used russia green ak modern paint on my bmd 4m
and I find that the green does not fit properly

It is my understanding that the Russian “MERDC” green is more like Olive Drab.

If I will ever do a Russian vehicle, I will go Tamiya XF-55 for base, XF-62 for Green and XF-1 for Black.

1 Like

I generally use XF-67 NATO green and XF-78 Wooden Deck Tan. And the black is black as Hans-Hermann stated.

Olivier

2 Likes

That camo job looks excellent. I was gonna say the green should be a little darker maybe

1 Like

on the instruction sheet the color tamiya xf20 light green is indicated
I don’t have it at home
I will try to get some from my tamiya retailer next week to see if the color better matches the photo I have available.
I would also have liked to find it in ak interactve
I have another Russian armored btr 80a project and a pansir that I want painted with the Russian merdc camouflage
the color akinteractve rc098 russian modern green is more suitable for parade camouflage when the vehicle is completely green
I made a t80u dragon several years ago I used tamiya paint but I don’t remember the colors used

I’ve used Tamiya German uniform grey(which is actually green) on some of my Russian builds. I wouldn’t sweat the exact color too much. just find something that is close. Once you do the weathering the colors will shift and nobody will be able to tell what the original color was. Good luck.

1 Like

I used Tamiya RAF #1 iirc on my Trumpeter MAZ tank transporter several years ago and it looked ok. I found the suggestion in a Boresight magazine article from a guy who did a Trumpy T-64.

Vallejo 71.017 Russian Green hits the spot for me. I’ve used it on all of my Russian builds, it’s a really quite dark green.

1 Like

Don’t worry about that, Xf-20 is Medium Grey. I don’t understand why Trumpeter still give this reference as light green.

Olivier

1 Like

In my understanding, there is variability due both to the stocks of paint and to their ageing. H303 (FS-34102) is often seen on vehicles of the past, but can be credible even now. I would look for something matching Humbrol 86 Light olive for a more recent vehicle. Trucks with very different colors between cabin and cargo parts can be seen on photos, and some vehicles even wear a very dark green finish.
I’ve seen a walkaround of T-80U somewhere, where the colors appear as on the BMD above, but it appeared that they were oversprayed over different previous colors: khaki-green over green, coal grey over black and light knaki over a more sand yellow shade.

I use Gunze Mr Hobby H052 olive drab and H079 Sandy Yellow

1 Like

I will try AK11368 Russian Green 4BO which is equivalent to Vallejo 71.017 Russian Green