35414 SD.KFZ.234/2 PUMA with FULL INTERIOR | Armorama™

NEW #MINIART KIT COMING SOON: 35414 SD.KFZ.234/2 PUMA with FULL INTERIOR SCALE 1:35

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/35414-sd-kfz-234-2-puma-with-full-interior
5 Likes

Link is bad

1 Like

Lot of info here…The Modelling News - MiniArt -sdkfz-234/2-puma

3 Likes

Works fine for me

Got this both times I tried…like Bob mentioned.

2 Likes

Fixed. Seems it was edited to change something and not put online again.

I was probably seeing it from my cache of the first view.

2 Likes

I have so many reactions to this kit, I don’t know where to begin.

1. It looks amazing. I want it.
  2. It looks like a very complicated build. I don’t want it.
  3. What is it with this variant of the 234. I want others but companies seem to do this first.
  4. I foresee lots of parts. Possibly finicky.
  5. I will still buy it.
4 Likes

So we get choice between RFM and MiniArt.

Who will wear it better?

1 Like

Simple. RFM will be easier, but not so detailed. I have the Dragon kit, so I will probably pickup the Miniart one.

1 Like

Wow! Three new Pumas. What a time we are in.

2 Likes

Woah didn’t know rfm was doing one and this one will be great! We are spoiled

1 Like

Looks good although I’d love a good 231 kit in 1/35.
I may need to settle for the Puma.

The exposed interior has some great modeling possibilities

1 Like

6 rad or 8?? I’d go 6, myself.

Imagine Andy’s 1/16 Puma being this detailed, and not just a scaled up Italeri repop.

1 Like

Each to their own and all that, but you’d have to be a real special modeller to want the Miniarts over the RFM.

I mean the RFM will have many hundreds of parts and be extremely detailed but the Miniarts will be another level above. I have an aversion to Miniarts - they give me anxiety hahahaha Tried two Miniarts kits and found the plastic brittle, the instructions a bit inconsistent and vague and the parts count frustratingly high in some cases where I really don’t think it adds to the build. A few people have told me to get onto one of their Panzer IVs and StuGs and it will change my mind so maybe I will do at some point but likely not with this one if there is an RFM option. Those CAD pictures above look stunning though don’t they?

I heard a rumour Tamiya were looking at doing one as well.

Its a nice choice to have isn’t it? We’ve seen Border do the 251, I wonder if we’ll see Miniarts or RFM etc do a load of 250s or sd.kfz 6/7/8/10?

2 Likes

This is what I call innovation. RFM new kit has none in the areas that need it ie the turret.
I like that RFM has steerable wheels, resin tyres and an engine but Miniart has attempted to fill in the blank spot that has been present for decades.

I will hopefully find out how accurate are the ammo bins and turret interior. As I have not seen any references to the bins and some small areas of turret but what I have seen this kit reflects.

After RFM just missing the boat with their Tiger interiors (and having wrote them a couple of times and been ignored) I am so pleased that a company has come along to put them in their place.

I have the Dragon and Tamiya kits and I do not think that there can be that many more parts in the Miniart than the RFM. And besides RFM aren’t exactly known for their low parts kits (although I have many and admire them)

2 Likes

My experience with MiniArt kits is similar to @BringupthePIAT’s. I purchased a few of MiniArt’s, studied carefully then gave them away to be rid of them as they looked extremely time intensive to build and I’d rather paint.

Goldie Locks & the Four Puma kits.

Italeri - old, lame and generally sucky with randomly terrible quality control

MiniArt - exquisite details, high parts count, complex with full interior, cutting edge trendy and nice box art

RFM & Dragon - somewhere in the Goldie Locks spot.

5 Likes

The Puma is my favorite armored car of World War II and I really like MiniArt models so this is the one for me.

2 Likes

I gotta go with Miniart all the way…they are miles ahead of any other manufacturer. Rfm is overpriced especially when you add in their upgrade solutions.

1 Like

Will it actually have all the engine details like the wiring?

2 Likes

What about the piston rings? :wink:

Maybe they provide a wiring diagram?
Have to leave some space for the super detailers so that they don’t get bored …

2 Likes