38092 Omnibus Crew And Passengers | Armorama™

New MiniArt kit is coming soon, 1/35 scale #38092 Omnibus Crew And Passengers

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/38092-omnibus-crew-and-passengers
2 Likes

Looks nice, but im missing the small boy polishing boots to buy medicin for his little sister with tuberculosis. Without that its just 9/10.

1 Like

Nice looking set, presumably for their “B Type” bus. Not quite sure of period, the fashions look Edwardian, but the presence of a conductress would place it firmly in WW1. Nice to have a figure of a London policeman, but were they allowed to ride on buses in uniform? At least he’s not on duty, as he isn’t wearing his armband.

1 Like

Police are on duty all the time, London Transport have allowed Police to travel free whether on duty or in plain clothes, the idea is if trouble starts on the bus the officer can step in, it was like that in the 70’s plus, not sure when that started.

1 Like

Looking at photographs of British civilians during WW1 there seems to a wide variety of fashions and styles on show, from the slightly simpler late Victorian fashions, through the more elaborate Edwardian styles, back to the simpler styles of the war years.

Fashions worn by the average Joes didn’t change as quicky as for the upper classes. This kit seems to reflect this quite well, although I am no expert on fashion, just an observer.

1 Like

Interesting set.
I’m hoping they’re going to do a set for the Army bus now.

1 Like

Could any of these figures be used for a 1912 Titanic lifeboat? Wonder how much work to backdate these figures? Thinking of hornet heads and blankets from tissue and milliputt.

3 Likes

The two seated females and seated man (the one that’s not the driver or policeman).could be used as 2nd and 3rd class passengers without modification. If you look at pictures of the Titanic leaving ports and WW1 troop ships leaving ports, the crowds waving them off are very similarly if not identically attired.

1 Like

“World War I influenced women’s fashion to be worn in many ways.”
Edwardian didn’t end abruptly when Edward died, it petered out and then WW I brought more changes.

https://bellatory.com/fashion-industry/FashionHistoryEdwardianFashionTrends1890s1914
“Edwardian fashion refers to clothing that was in style between the late 1890s and 1914 or the beginning of the Great War (World War I). Also called La Belle Epoque (the Beautiful Era), and the Gilded Age, this was a time when women’s fashions took on a new opulence and extravagance, inspired by the hedonistic lifestyle of Britain’s King Edward VII.”
"The design trends of the Edwardian era revolved around the S curve when corsets created an S-shaped female silhouette, a change from the Victorian hourglass figure.

The S bend corset forced the hips back and bust forward. The ideal female figure was a mature woman with a pigeon shaped monobosom."

“But, the Great War (World War I) put an end to extravagant trends as the world turned to a war economy with shortages of fabric and leather and the more austere fashions usually dictated by the privations of war.”

1 Like

and boat 6