51 Chevy Fleetline - 1/25 AMT Kit

Top quality work as usual Damo, your modelling fluid’s a plus, I prefer something weathered for a few more years although it does get pricey. I could well have missed something but how old is the AMT kit & what was it improving on? :tumbler_glass:

Hi Tim.

I’ve previously built the Hardtop and Convertible versions of the same car by AMT, and they had some really soft exterior detail and terrible fit issues, especially the clear parts. On the Hardtop I actually went to the extreme of sawing the front glass in half and hiding the gap behind the centre frame, just so that there wasn’t a huge gap at the sides.

Cheers, D

1 Like

I see….so then I had some stronger coffee & looked it up myself – according to Scalemates yours is the original AMT kit from 1976, re-issued in 1988 with different box art. I’m surprised, reason I asked was the ’76 box art looks more like ‘56 :tumbler_glass:

The Fleetline is looking very sharp. Like the colour a lot, I had a MK2 Jag in a similar grey. And that chrome paint looks amazing. I will have to see if someone in Australia will ship.

cheers
Michael

paint job, on the body looks great.

Love the look of the Hyperchrome, sharp and shiny.

Apologies for the lack of updates here folks, work is smashing me at the moment and I’ve had precious little spare time to hit the bench, and even less to hit the forums.

I managed to get this build across the line last Sunday, completed build #8 for 2022 is in the cabinet!

I noticed in these photos that I forgot to paint the door handles, that has been rectified now. All in all a nice kit to build and I’m very happy with the result.

This also completes the trio of AMT '51 Chevy 1/25 kits.

Hopefully things will ease up soon so I can get back on track with my other builds. Thanks for following along,

Cheers, D

7 Likes

Damian,
My dad had one of these when I was about 4 or 5, 1956 or so . I have a family pic of us posing in front of it on Easter morning in all our finery. Really a great job on the build, and the finish on the color is superb! Thanks for the memories.

1 Like

D,
Double thumbs up on the completion of the Fleetline. She’s one beauty for sure even in that Gray gloss paint.
joel

1 Like

Wonderful work, D! :+1: It was again a pleasure to follow you through that build. Congrats on finishing another fine build. And the family photo tops it!

Torsten :beers:

UA

1 Like

Beautiful finish, D!

1 Like

Fantastic build, D. Really well done.

Jim

1 Like

Another beauty added to the fleet. :+1:

1 Like

Great build Damian and love the trio of Chevys Your dedication to the marque is unparalleled!

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Fleetline looks amazing D.

1 Like

Many thanks Jesper, always much appreciated!

Things you spot while staring at your display cabinet ! :nerd_face: . . In my last “supposedly completed” post, the door handles weren’t painted.
Actually, I did that deliberately to test you all and you failed miserably ! Anyway, fixed now and here are a couple of outdoor in the sunshine shots :sunglasses:

It’s completed now. Definitely.

3 Likes

D,
I claim old age and my poor eye sight. But this does give us another last look at your Fleetline. Well done my friend, very well done.

joel

Thanks Joel. I blame impatience and lack of focus on the task at hand when nearing completion.

Cheers, D