54mm 1 REP French Foreign Legion Para, Algiers 1957

This is a model I started in 2013, got most of the base done, then stopped. A month ago I stripped the figure and started again, and amazingly for me, a week later he was complete.
The original figure was released in 1983!

8 Likes

Wow! It came excellent Rob. Great job on a difficult camo subject. Love the French Foreign Legion stuff too. Got a few Legionnaires and tons of Paras from various countries. Just gotta get off my butt and paint. That base is fantastic

1 Like

Wow. That is stunning .

1 Like

Outstanding work!

1 Like

Some great work on this figure, love the skin and expression on the face.
It’s overall al great peace on a nice display.

1 Like

@robh another great paint job, gotta ask if the paints are similar to your British para?

1 Like

Wow that is a stunning figure right there. I very much enjoy seeing Foreign Legion figs. This one is a real gem as you have pulled off that enormously tricky camo pattern and it looks just ace! The kit is expertly painted all over from the beret to the skin tones. The base really sets it off nicely too with lovely colours bringing a little bit of North Africa to life. Bravo!

1 Like

Cheers! A few months ago i got my my butt and started to paint again after a long absence. That’s why I stripped this figure, as I have improved and gained confidence with each new one I’ve done.

Not totally. The base is a more greenish tone. A good thing about the lizard pattern is there is much variation, even one the same soldier and wishing units.

I had an excellent reference article in a magazine from the 1990s, that showed how different it can be and had some helpful layer by layer breakdown of the pattern

The colours for base….and I used different tones for jacket and trousers

The green for the camo was straight reflective green, but can’t remember exactly what I used for the brown.

Hope that’s helpful

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

@robh thank you, awesome work and will now probably dream of a indochina build with legionaries for the coming months!

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about Israeli Paras in 1967 with their hand me down uniforms….

1 Like

@robh trust me that’s a possibility as well!

1 Like

Oh boy, I remember this figure… it was one of my favorites back in the day.

Amazing work on the camo uniform, nice and simple composition which works really well.

Keep posting, I really enjoy seeing your figures!

Cheers,
Mario

1 Like

I remember them too back in the day. They were great figures

1 Like

very good,but the pp11 talkie need a strap and the antenna is not round but a very thin flexible flat metal band

1 Like

Excellent camouflage painting skills ,
21bd2d671a5d192c901e22a05bde68f6

Outstanding rendition; well done Rob (shades of that amazing film “Battle of Algiers” though I know that emphasises the Paras).

2 Likes

Everything about this is perfect! The Lizard camo, highlighting and shading, all spot on. Love the leather on the boots too!
G.

1 Like

I agree Lazarus!

2 Likes