88mm gun carriers(continuous)

Flak 18/36/37 are almost known by each military model fan. They are versatile against both air and ground targets. It’s quite an interesting thing to build mobilized platforms which actually carried 88mm guns in history.
In this topic, I will continuously update such models. Welcome to chat :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

To start with, Panzer Iv carrying flak36.
88_ausf.h_J

het1_986

I built it in the past year.

15 Likes

kfz8 12tons

Recently assembled, paint today.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Interesting topic and some very nice builds as well…:+1:

2 Likes

thank you🌹

1 Like

Wow, these are amazing.

2 Likes

How about some railcar-mounted flak guns?

Another interesting variant.

Looks like a modified PzIV chassis.

7 Likes

Great idea🤓 modified pz4 chassis seems easier to build through Bronco(威骏) than railway gun. Actually I bought one two years ago, finding it extremely hard to assemble. I plan to set them aside for a comparable long time. Instead, vomag flak36 and 18tons half track flak18 will go faster.
Railway gun ,probably there’s no kit for it? Which kind of train flatbed truck was it built on? There’s a way to find stl file of the basic and have a try to modify the structure, then print it out.

1 Like

I think the 80-ton type SSyms Schwerer Ptaformwagen. It can transport a Tiger I, so holding up two Flak 37s wouldn’t be a problem. Main issue would be getting proper images on how the Germans bolted the guns in.

The PzIV one would be more readily available. It would look great with a full crew on firing position against allied armor.

2 Likes

Single flak36’s mount probably is like this kit(although I have’t found historical pics so far)

1233654-27767-35-pristine

4 Likes

This kit is out now. HobbyEasy has it.

1 Like

It takes weeks to assemble(). This time I don’t want to build the interior engine as well👻

1 Like

Nice builds and finishes.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

Roughly assembled, without interior parts.

10 Likes

Looks like a nice kit, did you add any aftermarket (tracks, photoetch, metal barrel…) or everything comes in the box?

3 Likes

Usually not😣 because I always plan to collect variants in a comparable short time rather than building exquisite ones. In the field of 88mm half track, Trumpeter put a lot metal parts in the kits. Both 12tons and 18 tons have metal gun barrels. Besides the 12tons 88mm gun has a metal sheild.

6 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

You are cranking them out!
Nice work

2 Likes