9K33 OSA / SA-8 Gecko Trumpeter 1/35

You made my day Allen. :laughing:

I still have to find a trick to solve this issue.
Olivier

1 Like

Some lovely detailing going into this Olivier. The internal decals look brilliant, shame with things like this that they are mostly hidden when the top goes on. The antennas and the PE really looks nice. very well detailed. cracking job so far.

2 Likes

I manage to find a solution for the missiles containers. I trimmed all the tabs so the fit is a bit loose. I also sanded some plastic at the back of the rear support. For some reason I didn’t notice those supports were not molded parallel. The rear part was slightly thicker/wider than the front one so it made an angle barely noticeable.
The final result is not perfect but should do the trick.

But Trumpeter thought it was not enough. I bent the PE headlights guards using the jig provided in the kit. Not a big deal so far. The PE parts have holes to help position them on the tiny pegs molded in the plastic hull. However there is a problem.

I think I need to cut the three “bars” in the middle and shorten them. Beforehand I’ll check my references.
Olivier

4 Likes

nice update. Shame about the headlight guard, but looks fixable. Antenna and the launcher assembly look very good.

There is a left and a right part for the guards. I think you might be using them in the wrong side. Instructions do not help here at all.

2 Likes

fantastic work so far, you must have the patience of a saint to work with all that PE.

1 Like

Great work so far.

1 Like

Nikos
I know that the parts are sided. The issue comes from the length of the 3 vertical bars which are too long.
Anyway I’ve decided to go the hard way. I’ve cut all the bars and will replace them with lengths of 0.3mm styrene rods.
Will show pictures later on.

Olivier

2 Likes

Here are the headlights protections I’ve just completed. Not perfect but they’ll do the trick with some paint on.

Olivier

7 Likes

Very nice remedy. Thats been done very neatly, they look great.

1 Like

The build is over except for some details which will be added after the painting.
The launch module is not attached yet. Trumpeter has designed a different system to secure the module which makes it impossible to remove. So it will be painted separately.

Olivier

13 Likes

That has built up very well. Looks nice and detailed all over Olivier. The launcher and antenna assembly is a real eye puller … great work

2 Likes

Fantastic work ! These AD vehicles really look well detailed

1 Like

Coming to this late but have to agree those instrument panels are first rate. It’s a shame that virtually none of them are visible.

1 Like

I’ve started the painting step. The base color is Prince August German green WWII also referenced as FS34079. The shade is then enlighted with some flesh. The radar antennas are painted XF-64 Red Brown with some yellow sand.

Olivier

7 Likes

I’m calling this one done. As usual I applied a light weathering with a dust of coat on the lower parts of the hull and some streaking made with water pencils.

Olivier

14 Likes

Excellent build and finish Olivier. Lovely work :+1:

1 Like

Superb piece Olivier- inside and out!

1 Like

I really like this minimal weathering approach, makes one focus more on the vehicle details than the techniques. Great end result. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Very nice! Thanks for sharing it with us.

1 Like