A-37B Dragonfly 1:48 Trumpeter

Hi,
I decided to proceed with this build, I started it some time ago on the old forum :slight_smile:
I didn’t like the original cockpit, so I made some enhancements with Eduard photoetch and custom made parts with FreeCAD and then printed on my Mars3 printer.
The two consoles under the Instrument panel I replaced with my design, I looked at reference photos. Also the rudder pedals and throttle levers. Some cables in the rear from wire. The “pillows” on the sides I made with MagicSculp.
I will put the resin seats and controls after painting all this. For comparison the basic cockpit.

Cheers!

8 Likes

That is a million times better looking. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, Ryan!

I made also the plates on the both sides of the consoles from foil:

3 Likes

Interestingly I bought that kit some weeks ago. Unfortunately the eduard phototech seems to be sold out now.

Hi, the Aires cockpit will be better solution than the Eduard PE set A-37B Dragonfly cockpit set - AIRES, hobby plastic models, it is very nice and more correct. But I already bought the photoetch, and decided to upgrade the cockpit with some 3D printed parts :wink:
The color of the Eduard instrument panel is not very correct, but I will not repaint it :slight_smile:
Also I added Aires seats and control sticks:

8 Likes

Exhausts painted with Vallejo Steel for base and then with purple and blue ink for effect. Inks are very nice for such effects :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve never seen one of these being built so i shall ve following this with interesting.

It is a nice model, but the cockpit needs improvements, because is quite big and visible :wink:

2 Likes

Good point with the Aires cockpit, thanks Venko!

1 Like

Great looking cockpit :smile:

1 Like

they had a wing of them in DaNang, but never came out our way. They were neat little air frames, and seemed to be very loud for what they were. One thing they lacked was a gun! (I know they had gun pods)
Also heard they only flew with a pilot, and the other seat was empty
gary

1 Like

Gary, they had a fixed gun, a 1 × 7,62-mm Minigun.

1 Like

There is a minigun in the nose :wink:

1 Like

Gluing the fuselage, the air intakes are multipart assembly, so they need some filler and sanding:

5 Likes

I didn’t know that
gary