A Dandy Duo of Deuces

Oh well, I suspected as much. I have actually started work on it, but I forgot to take any photos of the first part. I have the basic chassis work done. I was concerned that the frame on the AFV kit would be difficult, but it went together surprisingly well. The parts, especially the cross beams, popped into place, and the whole thing came out straight. The suspension parts (there are a lot of them) mostly went together well, except for the wheel hubs. they were a pain. I will be using resin wheels from DEF so I don’t really care about the rolling wheel function, it would be very difficult to make it work:

The instructions were very vague about the proper location for the transfer case and the little part on the bottom of the frame:

I think I got them correct. I spent a lot of time looking at other builds of this model, plus what I could find of the real truck.
I waited until the chassis was mostly done before I added all the fiddly little detail bits, so I wouldn’t break them off. I added a set of gladhands from James, they look real good:

I have a question for the truck model experts out there; the transfer case has a hole left open on the back side of it at the top:

Is something supposed to plug into that?
Ken

3 Likes