A Flyhawk Yamato?

I read on another ship modelling site that Flyhawk is planning to (or will) release a 1/700 Yamato :hugs:. I don’t use Facebook so I can’t confirm independently. Has anyone heard of this, or is someone just spreading a rumour? :rage:
:smiley: :canada:

I have heard the same rumor, but there was once a similar rumor that Flyhawk was also going to release a 1/700 HMS Vanguard. I haven’t seen that one either . . .

Bill , ,

Not heard these.
Still hoping that after they released the HMS Prince of Wales and Duke of York they follow up with the other 3 of the class KGV, Anson and Howe

I heard a rumor they were going to release an SMS Moltke…

From what I remember Flyhawk showed the HMS Vanguard, Lion (balttlecruiser), Sydney (Ive seen purported CAD drawings), Menden and Cossack, Italian Alvise Da Mosta, French Gloire and Lamotte-Picquet and the Moltke, Bayern.and Dresden all of which I’d buy. I’ve not heard of a Yamato tho that does not mean they won’t make one.

All the future releases listed on Scalemates:

The original poster later replied that the reference to a Flyhawk Yamato was an error, mistaking a Flyhawk AM PE set for one of the many Yamato kits (Fujimi, Tamiya?), for an actual kit release. But you never know…everyone releases a Yamato.

What they propose to release changes over time. I had not seen the Martin (a logical development of their L class) nor the London both of which I’d buy but I really would like to see the Duetschland

And up for pre-order is Flyhawk"s Dresden

Is this a sister ship to Emden? If so, any major differences?

1 Like

Biggles The Dresden and Emden were sister ships (Dresden Class). I really don’t know what their differences were other than Dresden had Parsons turbines and the Emden used reciprocating engines. When I get the Dresden I’ll compare it to my Emden

1 Like

It appears that at some time both had shorter second and third funnels

SMS Dresden 1917

And in 1914

SMS Emden

1 Like

I believe the Emden and Dresden with the tall first funnel were later classes of cruiser with the same name…

2 Likes

Biggles The Dresden and Emden were sister ships (Dresden Class). I really don’t know what their differences were other than Dresden had Parsons turbines and the Emden used reciprocating engines. When I get the Dresden I’ll compare it to my Emden

That’s right. From a modeler point of view, that means that Emden had two screws and Dresden had four. :blush:

1 Like

I believe the Emden and Dresden with the tall first funnel were later classes of cruiser with the same name…

Correct. The quickest tells are the first funnel and the shape of the bows.

SMS Dresden 1914

SMS Emden 1914

SMS Emden 1914 (as remodeled by HMAS Sydney)

I believe you’re right…there are some visible differences (besides the funnels) between the two.