A handful of Stuarts - or more

I have gotten this crazy idea of doing a batch of the fun, little and obiquitous Stuarts in its various versions. Not that I haven’t enough projects to finish first, no… But I just need to build, instead of paint and weather.
So I started gathering… An M3 here, an M5A1 there… and why not just toss in an M8 into the mix as well.

For some I already have a version in mind, like the US M3A1. That will be the PTO along with an M32B2. AFV Club’s M5A1 might just end up as a “Black Panther”, belonging to the 761st Tank battalion, since I think those troops do not get the credit they deserve for their services.
Tamiya’s M3… I am leaning toward an AnZac-version in Guinnea whereas the M8 will be a 113th Cav. as an honour to those that liberated my homesoil.
Or should I use the “Honey” as an AnZac-tank and the M3 as a Russian lendlease? But the “Honey” has the cauntercamouflage…
And what about Tamiya’s M5A1? Commonwealth recce-tank? Or Czech FlaK/PaK-version? I have the necessary guns in the stash… plus the flaK-version has a whacky camouflagepattern too.
Ahh!! Choices, choices!!!

17 Likes

Will be following along as it’s great idea. The flak Stuart was Yugoslavian on a M3A3 chassis. Based on what you have a Tamiya recce sounds good, imho.

6 Likes

Oh man, this is my way of thinking, I’ve wanted to do this same thing for years, to display all five versions on line or in a convoy, but so cool to have one of each showing it’s evolution through their production development.

Cajun :crocodile:

4 Likes

Oh man, that’s a big bite, hope you can chew it!

3 Likes

No M3A3?

5 Likes

@Stikpusher Haven’t found one… yet.

Major Robert Crisp wrote “Brazen Chariots” about his time in North Africa on Honey’s.
Creating one of his tanks would be a good use of the Honey.

5 Likes

Maybe I should add this book to my collection then.
Thanks for the tip!

The Yugoslav Partisan had some interesting variants, all built on M3A3 Chassis.

Armed with a Pak40.

And with a Flak 38

Another one that’s missing is the Satan Flamethrower tank, built on an M3A1.

So many variants to be had.

4 Likes

Oh, and we simply CANNOT forget the “Haunted Tank” from the “GI Combat” comics.

To befair; the “Haunted Tank” has evolved from the M3A1 to an M5A1, then an M4A3 Sherman and most recently, via Vertigo Comics; an M1A1 Abrams.

8 Likes

Good read, worth the time.

Great idea! I love those U.S. li’ll ones.
And how about a Satan Flamethrower?
I build mine 20 years ago and still love it!
Go for it, Ron! #heelesjewink

5 Likes

Man, I had the first 5 years worth of that comic. Along with unknown solider. thought about redoing the stash a few years back. No clue they had a Abrams update.

1 Like

I may or may not have been thinking about doing a captured German at one time.

stuart01
stuart02
stuart03
stuart04
stuart05
stuart06

2 Likes

yup. Vertigo Comics updated the story to show that one of Confederate Army General J.E.B. Stuart descendents turned out to be an African American Tank Commander by the name of Jamal Stuart.

10 Likes

Is the Haunted Tank allowed to exist in the 21st Century? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Or is it now the ghost of General Abrams?

3 Likes

With the way society has gone woke? I doubt it.

4 Likes

Yeah, who knows how its looked at now. Good thing at 8 years old I could give a crap about that flag or the General lee on dukes of hazzard. Car could have been solid yellow and who have been the same show to me.

I leaned toward the m3A1 for some reason. i did the British one, but just not a fan of the side skirts.

Found a conversion set for a satan. It was more expensive then the AFV-kit, so no go for me.
I want to keep it simple.

Heëlesjewink truuk.

1 Like