Achilles IIC Was it used in Operation Market Garden? If so, by which units?

Here is a link to some IWM footage of 21st AT Regt and Coldstream Guards AFVs, including M10s, during the late Normandy campaign.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/1060019642

1 Like

Thank you Stikpusher! Very informative! Talk more soon, Joel.

Joel, hope these are of help.

The example scheme for 11th Armoured would be pretty much identical on a Guards vehicle. Just swap the division marking.
Are you building the Academy kit? One thing I noticed when I built it many years ago, is that the internal shell racks are wrong. They’re fibre tubes for the 3inch M10.

Stephen

No on the Academy kit, I am building the Tamiya kit, 35366. A much nicer kit than the Academy. Thank you very much for the OB photos. Talk more soon, Joel.

1 Like

Ah that one should be much better.
I had all sorts of trouble sorting that problem out at the time. There were no 17pdr shells made by any mainstream manufacturers. Only ones I found were some expensive resin ones by Accurate Armour. When they arrived, most were mis-moulded and full of bubbles. They were fun to sort out!

Best of luck with your project.

I have a set of ammunition by AFV Club That I am using for three projects; the Achilles, a Tamiya Archer, and, a Tamiya/Asuka Firefly. I intend to finish the Achilles first, then the Archer, and, finally the Firefly. My latest difficulty is finding a aftermarket main gun for the Achilles. Talk more soon, Joel.

1 Like