ACR M151 Bumper Numbers Question

If you think my original statement was rude or condescending it seems you may have some issues.

I’m sure you’re right, it’s time to let it go, we’re on someone elses thread. I learned something from the exchange that’s all I can expect.

Cajun

Just as long as you don’t call a 113 a Gavin and I’m good. :wink: I drove jeeps/151s/quarter tons a bit back in the 80’s. (and 113 types) I’ve owned a couple Wranglers since then and loved the hell out of them. And yes, MUTT as a name for a 151 amongst us modelers is all Tamiya’s fault. I doubt many of us were around when Ford was calling the 151 a MUTT. I still can here old 1SG Carbajal talking about his “yeep” in his thick Tex Mex accent. How many folks here call or have called a Sdkfz 251 a Hanomag? Tamiya anyone?

2 Likes

I am currently building a M978 Tanker for a buddy who was in the Combat Support Squadron or Support and Transportation Troop of the the 11th ACR in Germany in 1990-1991 time frame. Any idea of the codes that would have been on their HEMTT tankers?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!
Dave
Redfield, Ark.

I’d say ask your buddy for the vehicle bumper numbers. The first part would be the corps, VII, along with the Squadron and 11ACR . So if he was in 1st Sqdn it should read VII 1/11 ACR on the passenger side of the cab like here where the 8th ID unit codes are.

1 Like

Thank you Sir! I questioned him tonight about a squadron number, but he didn’t recall. I think that they were reorganizing some at the time, so there were some short term changes.