Adam Savage Builds Model Paint Storage Racks! | KitMaker Network

Adam just received a full complement of Mission Model's premium hobby paints, and he embarks on a speed build of portable paint racks to properly store the over 120 bottles. It's the perfect example of a build that Adam loves constructing manually with the mill and table saw, even with access to laser cutter nearby. Adam can't wait to put these paints to use!

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://kitmaker.net/news/adam-savage-builds-model-paint-storage-racks
2 Likes

Be nice to receive ā€œa full complement of Mission Modelā€™s premium hobby paintsā€. Pretty sure I could build Model Paint Storage Racks that could compare favorably to Mr. Savagesā€™

Cheers,
C.

3 Likes

That is cool . The portable aspect is nice

1 Like

I agree on the portable aspect. The walls of my workshop are cluttered up a bit with paint racks. You could set them up for specific interests and only bring them off a shelf when needed.

2 Likes

This is an excellent publicity stunt for Mission Modelā€™s premium hobby paints, but the quality of the racks seems a bit dodgy

2 Likes

Enjoyable video. Gratifying to watch him flub doing math in his head but not in a schadenfreude way - rather as ā€˜been there, done that.ā€™ It is a good reality check that even these admirable professionals goof, canā€™t find things, and get splinters. I am also very interested in his stash of other paint brands.