Ads on Kit Maker sites

I get this “ad” rather frequently :grin:

Maybe it doesn’t find anything relevant for my geographical position or any other criteria,
the wasted space could have earned some income for the site instead of just a blank surface

2 Likes

Happy boy here. The vast majority of ads I see are either model or guitar related. Don’t mind either.

Cheers,
C.

Thanks Jim. No issues with hobby-related adds, but ads for lacy underwear and mascara somehow just don’t seem related to the hobby.

Cheers,

Chris

1 Like

almost as if someone thinks that we are starved for undies and make-up …

1 Like

Apparently it’s where the $$$ is. :smiley:

3 Likes

I get this one great big add at the top of the page, and it’s beyond annoying.
gary

This page taker

And the other one, not seen the dresses on one a day or two,

I am glad to see that I am not the only one seeing way to many ads. I thought it was just my phone or internet connection as my family shops on Amazon a lot. Yeah, some of the ads were not family friendly for sure. Glad they are being cleared out.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s because you’ve become a Patron, right?

—mike

I assume Mike is talking about ads on the actual content sites and not here in the forums. As a Patron he shouldn’t be seeing any ads in the forums.

Cheers,
Jim

1 Like

I am still seeing ads even as a patron. What I meant, I am seeing less and less of them because for a while I was seeing quite a bit and most of them were not good. The pic below is what I just snapped. At least, it’s model related.

I have to say it’s beginning to be a real pain in the arse.

Probably 85% of mine are the previously mentioned yachting ad or the fleabay or the autograph one. Not much variety.

This ad?

2 Likes

That’ll be the one!!

Gary. You and I are older. The term “Fiber” must be trying to attract us. When I turned 55 the crematorium advertising started to show up. Now I am swamped in Medicare part C advertising.

1 Like

Of course, we all know the ads are here to pay for things or keep the lights on. Like…

How about charge a small fee and go completely ad free? I just looked at the statistics…

If you guys look at the numbers in yellow circles you can see it will only take very little to keep the lights on. So, why not ask folks pay forward a cup of coffee to this website and enjoys its entertainment that will last longer than a cup of joe.

I became a patron as I saw this website wonderful and it did not bother me to pay a little to say Thank You.

2 Likes

Since we’re on the subject. Does clicking on any of the ads benefit you/KitmakerNet?

2 Likes

it’s a bitch getting old! The rest of you kids need to listen up and you’ll know what’s coming for you!

Last year, was the year I was introduced the the fine invention of kidney stones, and last fall I was reintroduced again. Just keeps coming. Each generation has advantages and of course disadvantages. I told some friends of mine about 23.9 cent a gallon gas at the pumps and they thought I was nuts! Then I told them about six cent White Castle hamburgers, and then raising the price to twelve cents. The Indy Star ran a headline asking what was happening to the world. I’m old enough to remember having to pay for ketchup at McDonalds. Then there is the down side. We had the draft and watched the rich kids buy their way out of it. Everybody wanted to be an engineer in life, but 90% never got the degree. Almost every young lady wanted to either become a teacher or a nurse. Every kid started to think about a job at 16, and probably two thirds got a job. of course some didn’t have to. I did. Hottest car was a 55 Chevy or if you saved your bucks a 57 Chevy. That time period started in 1962 for me and I wanted a Plymouth Savoy with the big motor. I never got one of course. Cars had a back seat big enough for a vast array of extra activities that often you your sweet butt in deep trouble (my Mother caught Diane and I in action, and the results were noisy and rather unpleasant). I’m old enough to remember the doctor paying house calls! When was the last time you seen that?

I can tell you where I was and what time of day I found out that JFK had been shot! I remember Polio, and when they developed the vaccine. All black schools and all white schools in some parts of the city. Then there was the JFK speech about Cuba and the Russian missiles. i worked in a grocery store, and several of the guys working there were in the Army at Ft. Harrison. They were glued to the radio, and I didn’t understand it. I do now!
gary

7 Likes