Advice on how to fill a small hole needed

Hi all,

I’m currently building a model and the variant I’ve selected requires me to fill in a hole in the upper hull:

The hole itself is something like 0.5-0.7 mm in diameter.
I am thinking of applying some Mr. Surfacer (I have 500, 1000, 1200 and 1500 and wondering which one will be most suitable) with a small brush and then sanding it if necessary, then priming the model with Mr. Surfacer 1500.
Do you believe this could work? Any other suggestions?

2 Likes

You can stretch a bit of sprue and make a plug. When the glue is dried it is pretty easy to sand it flush.

5 Likes

If the hole goes all the way through, I would stretch some sprue to the correct thickness, cut it off, insert it into the hole and glue in place. Later I would trim it flush sand and then use Mr Surfacer for any final imperfections.

5 Likes

I’ve posted images of this method fairly recently. You don’t even need to stretch the sprue to the correct thickness - just let it taper as you pull. Test fit it and cut off what you don’t need, leaving a bit at each end to work with. Slather it with liquid cement , insert and twist as you push. I like to use sprue from the same kit. Be patient. Let the cement cure. Once you slice off the extra with a chisel blade, you often don’t even need to sand it as it’s completely invisible.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your kind answers!

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance 18bravo, but a link to the post will be much appreciated :hugs:

1 Like