Aenor 75mm (Black Crow miniatures)

Very impressive.

1 Like

How did you paint the gold bits? I have future project that will need metallic and fabric gold on the figure. At least from what I see in the photos, your metallic gold looks great.

The Gold I painted with gradual transition from dark to light, I have shown the paints several posts above. With inks I gave some colored interest to the gold. Scale75 Metal alchemy paints are very good for blending, which I like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Overall good work, looking forward to see next steps

“This doesn’t mean that I’m following the boxart :wink:

Always love figures that are not a copy of the box art.

1 Like

Dirt on the cloak and the straps with stippling with earth colors:

1 Like

I mixed Scale75 Elven gold with Inktense Chestnut and Inktense Wood for bronze color and added some verdigris patina, around the nuts.
The shield was decorated with stylized tree-one of the main symbols of the elves and some other decorations. The inside was painted with wood grain.

Cheers!

4 Likes

That’s turning out great.

1 Like

Very nice. I never got this figure because I thought I couldn’t do it justice. You are doing an amazing job and I’m tempted again… Black Crow has some great miniatures in their range.

Mario

1 Like

Thanks, Ryan, Mario!

Those figures are real enjoyment to paint, and you will not regret getting one of them :slight_smile:

Cheers!

“added some verdigris patina, around the nuts”
Wow, that’s attention to detail! I can’t actually see it because that red strap is in the way, but I’m not sure the phrase “Elvish heroes have a pair of brass ones” is meant to be taken literally…
:wink:

Regards,

M

2 Likes

It’s a fine work overall, love the combination of the colours and the character you broth in.
For the gold I had chosen for some more contrast, but that is personal.

grtx Jan

1 Like

Yes, I think more contrast of the gold is needed, this can be enhanced :slight_smile:

Regards!

Haha, I should have used the word bolts, instead :grin:

Awesome…looks stellar and goes to show what one can do with handpainting. Your choice of colors is fantastic and I really like the gold, turquoise, and red.

I too wanted this figure but I bought and painted another elf figure instead.

1 Like

I added slightly more contrast to the gold with Citrine alchemy, black ink for recesses, violet and green:

2 Likes

It definitely makes a lot of difference. Keep going, I’m following.

Mario

1 Like

I painted the sword with various metallics, Vallejo Steel is very good for dark steel base, AK Silver for highlights (I like it more than Vallejo Silver). The inks will give those magical hues for more fantasy appearance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sword looks great. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks!

It was really interesting to play with the colors, the effect is nice :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Overall, the figure looks superb! The metallic paints really add a dimensional level of sheen and eye-catching attention.

1 Like