AFV Club. I don't get it

Have done a few afv club vehicles, a friend had a Churchill to convert to recovery one with the Accurate armour bits, which I relived him off, the kit itself wasn’t an issue to put together, the AA components had to be checked and checked again,
as it had full interior that’s was my nuckel dragging time, as the winch had no proper photo’s off,
as with most AFV club kits it’s a parts count for accuracy, the people close to them want for finer details.

1 Like

Chris,
This is a hobby. It is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. It is supposed to take your mind off of all of life’s stresses and make you happy, not leave you babbling in a corner. When I am modeling, most times my heart rate is very low. I am peaceful. The Zen is flowing. You, however, are dangerously close to what we call a “Wall Check” with this model. It is about to be propelled at high speed into the nearest vertical surface. You need to put the Churchill back in the box and continue working on your Trumpeter Topol-M. You’ve been modeling for two years. Most of the guys here who like AFV kits have been modeling twenty or thirty + years. You can come back to that AFV kit someday, but not today.
Some kit brands are just finicky, some brands flow together. Sometimes you sit down at your bench with a “This kit is not going to beat me.” attitude, and sometimes it’s a “I don’t need this sh*t right now.” attitude. The kit hasn’t beaten you, it’s just meant for later. Get the Churchill off your bench and enjoy the Topol-M. Build what makes you happy!

4 Likes

Speaking of AFV club has anyone built their Magach 6B?

I have only built 2 kits from AFV CLUB and I have no problems except with rubber cables provided in their Husky VMMD kit.

Each sprue attachment makes them brittle and the rubber material is not enough flexible, so it creates angles instead of round movments when you try to put it in place.
And the material tends to desintegrate with small particules who move away.
ABSOLUTELY BAD ! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
The best way is to replace it with tin wire.

I have not built it, but was interested in it enough to research it, and the reviews I saw/ read said lots of parts and many finicky small parts, but built into a wonderful model. I have since looked more at the Meng 6B Gal, which seems to not be so over engineered.

Good to know. I ended buying it in the AFV club sale on sprue bros! I’m excited to see what looks like when it arrives

I look forward to seeing, and following your build.

1 Like

I did exactly as you stated chief - the Churchill went back in the box before I wall checked it and I threw myself into a nice chilled Tamiya T-62A as a palate cleanser, mojo restocker etc instead. The Topol-M is bubbling along and will be so for a while hahahaha, its a HUGE kit.

Will post photos when it is done.

3 Likes

Tamiya will make a part in one piece. AFV will use 4 pieces for the same part. Bronco will use 12 and Mini Art will make a separate kit for each production variation

9 Likes