Aifv milan

I’ve done it with moderate success using oregano! It’s a good system.

Hank,

Nice! Thanks! I can see that the Belgian AIFV doesn’t use the center seats.

I reached out to IPMS Belgium and requested to join their Facebook group.

Do you still have Azimut’s e-mail address?

Thanks,
Tom

Actually, it was Peter’s AIFV MILAN that got me thinking about the project. I also enjoyed his Saladin project & Chieftain project.

That’s good’ I’ll let Pete know - he’ll be chuffed; his Saladin build was particularly helpful re the suspension fix I feel.

I’ve had some success with dried tea leaves.

Yes, I thought the pictures of the brackets for missiles might be useful. But, after seeing your model, I understand the missiles are stored down the center of the AIFV. Are the missiles stored upright, or laying down? The only other storage photo I found was for a VAB. In the VAB, the missiles are stored upright against at the back of the troop compartment.

Hank,

Hope these help. Paul Truhe at the Belgian Tank Museum Support Group site provided them.

Tom

Actually, Paul commented on the post.

I have the same book that Hank does. I shared the picture to help drive the discussion on FB but no luck yet.

I have a message about the AIFV MILAN pending approval at the Belgian Army Modelers Facebook site.

So far, no info.

Not sure if this is a MILAN AIFV but it’s not an ambulance and it’s not the one with the one-man turret.
AIFV-4

That definitely looks like the same interior as in the black & white photos

1 Like

The round device on top of the missile rack is an NBC filter.

Playing around with contrast and brightness there is a slight more clarity on the rack. Looks like spots for 2 wide and 4 high on the MILAN rounds.

How is the construction progressing?

Friends, Roman an Countrymen,

please excuse my late reply. Being a Afghanistan vet I’m

“battling” my PTSD yet.

For the last weeks it was very frustrating. During such periods I lose control and I’m unable to get my ass out of the bed.
Not to mention model building. I’ll be admitted to a German Military in April.

Last weekend amazingly I decided to started collecting all the parts for the interior.
The Academy M113A1/A2 floor panel is too narrow, but I found a solution. See the pictures

I’ll keep you in the loop, so you can follow the build.

Best regards

Hank

3 Likes

Paul,
you are absolutely right! It’s an AIFV MILAN. The “locker” in the mid cargo bay is the storage for eight MILAN Missiles in the tubes.

Where did you get this picture from?

That color picture is from this website:
https://www.generalequipment.info/AIFV%20APC.htm
Strange. “We have applied to buy 56 units from the Belgian Army”

Paul,

you’ll never know, an Army won’t buy the APCs as they are from the mid-1980ties. I assume the customer of this company are more focused on is more the “brave” private individual!

Sometimes it’s hard to believe what clever businessmen are capable off!
Telling you the truth, if I would have the money I would buy me one!

BTW - Arnold Schwarzeneggerder has the M47 on his property in California, which he drove in the Austrian army when he was doing military service.

This weekend I won’t be able to continue with the BE AIFV MILAN, as I’ll attend a modelshow in Germany, hopefully COVID-19 doesn’t squawk in between!
Talking of MILAN! Do we have on this forum an expert concerning the MILAN Anti-Tank missile system?

I’m no expert but I’ve done a lot of research on MILAN for the AIFV and fairly similar M113A1-B-MIL. It’s very hard to find the kit with the included Azimut conversion set. Done a bit of work on Lyran too.