Air Line Placement for M983A2 HEMTT

Hi, Guys.
Could someone point me in the direction of some pics showing how the air lines to the trailer are run on the M983A2? I am finishing up Trumpeter’s M9832A2 HEMTT Tractor with M870A1 Semi-Trailer, and I am not finding much out there, as usual. (Is Prime Portal down for good?)

The tractor has air hookups at the end of the frame, by the pintle, but I don’t see how the lines would connect to the trailer, at least “neatly.” There is some sort of long, slender doodad attached to the frame of the tractor that may/may not be the pogo stick. If it is that, there is no way to hang lines from it, and it’s away from the hookups. Next to that doodad are several holes/connections that don’t look especially wonderful to my eye. Are they for the air lines possibly?
I have looked at bunches of youtube vids, other builds, Tankograd books, etc., but I do not see this area shown, of course. (Is there a definitive resource for HEMTT material?)

One modeler does have his air lines coming from these attachment holes, but he has lighted the truck, so I don’t know if that was more for his convenience and a little modeler’s license.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Gary

2 Likes

Would this help ?

H.P.

2 Likes

The doodad is the pogo stick, they just left the ring off the top of it to put the lines through. The airlines do come through the holes you mentioned on the plate next to the pogo stick.

The actual truck.

On mine, I added a ring on the top of the pogo stick to run the lines through. I used 3D printed gladhands from our own James Lee (@Petition2God) on them as well. I also added the trailer lights electrical line coiled up on the mesh below the airlines.

3 Likes

Thanks very much, Frenchy! That does help.
Thanks for the quick response!
Gary

1 Like

Thanks, HeavyArty!

That helps a lot. Did you have a trick for adding that ring to the pogo stick? it looks like it belongs there.

Thanks!

Gary

1 Like

I think I replaced the upper, thin part with copper wire and bent the top end 90 degrees to attach the ring to.

1 Like