Airfix 1/48 Curtiss Hawk 81a. All markings painted

This is my Airfix 1/48 scale, Curtiss P-40 Warhawk AVG Flying Tigers, Aircraft flown by Flight Leader R.T. Smith, 3rd Squadron, Kunming, China June 1942. All markings are painted on.

12 Likes

Wow, just wow. I can’t believe the tiger, I doubt that I could put the decals on as nicely. Very well done! :wave:

2 Likes

Thanks, I do like to push the boundaries of painted on markings. :sunglasses:

Wow! That is some next level masking. Look very cool!

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic finish there @Holdfast , the detail painting is exceptional. Take a very well deserved doffing of the cap !!

1 Like

Thanks, guys, I have been doing it a while I just couldn’t go back to decals after the first time I painted the markings on!
See here My latest model to be painted.
I’m currently working on a P-39 to be finished as Air-A Cutie :slight_smile:

Beautiful work on the AC but the markings are AWESOME!!!
Cheers,

1 Like

Hi Mal,

So that’s what you’ve been up to? Incredible work.

I miss Miracle Masks.

1 Like

I retired from producing paint masks to order about 2+ years ago. I still produce masks for Uschi van der Rosten and Hypersonic models though, and Das Werk, recently.

1 Like

Really Nice work. I am building the Academy version of this aircraft. I notice that your model does not have the antenna cable running from the rear center of the fuselage to the tail then to each wing? I am confused on how to proceed since I see so many versions of the antenna rigging. What method of masking would you recommend for the camo? thanks so much.

1 Like

Thanks.
I found several configurations of the aerial wires and couldn’t pin down exactly which one would be correct for this actual aircraft, so I went with this configuration which seemed to be the most likely. If I find out that there should be a centre wire it can be easily added.

As for camouflage use your favourite method, I created my own set of camouflage masks.

Yes, me too, many different configurations.thanks for your help

1 Like

a VERY excellent build if I may say so!
gary

1 Like