Airfix Handley Page 0/400 decals

Hello everyone. I am building an old (probably original tooling) Airfix Handley Page 0/400 bomber in 1/72 scale. The decals are in all likelihood unusable and I’m having little luck in tracking down a replacement set. Any suggestions for aftermarket sets that would approximate what I need? Generic markings would suffice (rivet counters, don’t shoot me!) but I’d prefer an accurate set. Thanks for any assistance!

Well, Pegasus did generic roundels and serials and Blue Rider did roundels, but I don’t know if you can still find those.

Sorry, not much help there.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you, sir. I’ll see if I can chase something down there. I’m kinda mystified that the pickings are so slim with such an extensive decal aftermarket for other kits and markings.

1 Like

I can vouch for Pegasus generic roundels and serials. I used them to replace rotten decals on an old Airfix DH.4 a number of years back. Worked perfectly and beautifully printed.
Freightdog Models took over the Pegasus line of kits and decals, so I would have a look at their online store.

Unfortunately, I’ve just checked and they’re not in stock.
Wonder if you might be able to track some down on eBay?

I’m working eBay (US and international), Google, and a couple of other angles…and striking out on all of them. Thanks for the input, though. I can get Bolivian airplane markings but not British?!

1 Like

Keep at it, something will eventually turn up.

I think we’ve all been in that situation when you can never find what you want, but find something unusual you never even thought of building!

Very true. Thanks. I’ll let you know if the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train!

can you find something here
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?search=roundels

1 Like

Hannants had what I needed! Thank you very much for the suggestion. Of course, there was a minimum purchase amount that I had to spend…but I managed. More for the stash!

1 Like