Albatros! Albatros!

Anyone up for an Albatros campaign in 2021?

4 Likes

Could be fun. I’ve got a couple I could go with.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Only have a Roland on the build list for 2021. Does that come close?

I think that would be the Roland! Roland! Roland! Keep those doggies Roland! campaign

^^^ from a very old TV show in the US with Clint Eastwood

1 Like

Rowdy Yates and Rawhide!!

I am on :slightly_smiling_face:

Is this campaign up and running? Or still trying to have others join in?

We try to get 10 and you would be the fourth to raise his hand, Mr Clark. Not sure how to generate more interest…

1 Like

I’m going to do an Albatros for the Steffan Arndt memorial campaign. But I have more, so if folks are interested, please raise your hand!

While I have your attention - I’m thinking of doing a plane from Jasta 5. How does one create a mask to pipe the tail edge red? It seems that Eduard used to sell a precut mask for just such a purpose but it seems to be long gone now…

1 Like

The D III kit has no plumbing for the radiator. That’s a fairly conspicuous feature of an Albatros so I’m surprised there is none. Now, I have a D V kit that has the radiator plumbing. But I don’t have good resources for research. Is the radiator plumbing the same on the D III and the D V? I’m thinking I can use my D V parts as a template for making something using wire for my D III, but I really don’t know what I’m doing…

HI, is it only for the WW I Albatros? I have a L-39 to build… :wink:

Well, I was thinking of WW1 Albatros planes :smile:

A quick look at my copy of Jack Herris’ book on Albatros Fighters seems to show that the radiator plumbing was extremely similar.

I thought of Monty Python before I opened the post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I can say if not…Ni

3 Likes

A path! A path! A path! Shh, shhh. Ni! Ni!
Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the
mightiest tree in the forest…
Wiiiiiithh… A HERRING!

2 Likes

I’d be in!
Currently practicing my biplane wing and rigging building.

Hey all, thought I’d give this a bump and see if anymore would be interested.

How about 2022?

I’m still game!