Alclad II airbrushing

I just spent some time airbrushing Alclad II.

Gives a very metallic shiny surface but it is totally ruthless in punishing you by emphasising any surface mistake or airbrush error.

That will happen with any metallic(bright/shiny)finish. The more light that is reflected the more flaws will be visible. True in general of any paint color, i.e. white will show more flaws than black. Best check out the airplane guys who do metal finishes.

Yep, I am one of those plasto-flyboyws who is supposed to know how to handle Alclad :slight_smile:

It styill manages to surprise me, luckily I have already experience with correcting mistakes without ruining the whole surface :nauseated_face:

Hi Drabslab

Yep - no matter how thoroughly you think you’ve polished a surface prior to applying a fine finish like Alclad, it’ll accentuate the slightest flaw so it sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb. :frowning_face:

It’s also one of those contrary things where I’ve got away with repair jobs which, by rights, simply shouldn’t have worked - but, sadly, also vice versa! Ahh - the joys of NMF! :roll_eyes:

All the best

Rowan :beer: