Alpine Miniatures - November 2022 | Armorama™

Alpine Miniatures has some new Allied figures ready to hit the market.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/alpine-miniatures---november-2022
2 Likes

Typical of Alpine with boring poses pointing to someone or something. Nonetheless, it’s Nice sculpting.

2 Likes

Seems like a very natural and realistic poses with a SNCO telling a pvt what to do.

2 Likes

His sculpting and casting are tops for sure but I too would love to see some action poses. Beautiful nonetheless.

2 Likes

Gents
Thanks for all the comments!

As a business entity, it’s all about choosing the best subjects, poses, scales, etc. that have
proven to produce the most profit. And given the limited time and resources I have, 1/35 wins.
And the same thing applies to figures in action poses.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with Taesung. The figures he makes are sublime and clearly we want him to stay in business. He has my support here. I have mostly poses where the figures are standing around or traveling in vehicles (e.g., tanks, jeeps, halftrack, trucks). After all it is the vehicle we want to show off. I do have some action figures but usually with them running or shooting beside or on vehicles. After all the Figure enhance the vehicles. We spend many hours making and painting the vehicles which is why I want to have great figures (like the ones from Alpine Miniatures) to go with them.

1 Like

If you go to the News section here and look at all of the companies releasing figures Alpine is, without a doubt, tops in sculpting. If I have figures from other manufacturers I usually replace the heads with Alpine headsets. These figures are no exception. It’s nice to US forces being represented here.

1 Like

I wish people would understand the troubles, lack of resources, costs of rubber/resin/packaging and all the work and efforts that small manufacturers like ourselves put in with our Me, Myself, and I operations. Top that off with burn out, that many of us suffer. Just putting out 1 figure takes 100’s of hours from sculpting, molding, casting, packaging, and then promoting it so that someone will buy it or complain about it. On top of that the “wholesale side” of the business with the many distributors asking for bigger and bigger discounts when they do not put in the work to produce/create the product but want to end up making more of a profit than the producer/caster/creator of the product. If we were to even think about figuring out the hours put in, we are actually working for pennies on the dollar. Also, modelers do not seem to understand we have to produce what sells the most so that our time producing the items is actually worth it. Most of the time it’s not what WE want to produce, but what WILL SELL the most that counts. Carry on Taesung, you have made a huge difference in the figure side of the hobby.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed Alpine Miniatures for years. Especially the U.S. Army figures Taesung produces, as I don’t model World War 2 Germans for various reasons I won’t get into here. I actually like the more casual poses, as I believe the action poses in 1/35 just look fake and awkward. I hope Taesung keeps doing what he’s doing. He’s a master at what he does, in my opinion.

1 Like