AMG US 6x6 Super Jeep (35451) Question

Has anyone seen or built this kit? I just recently noticed it and thought it looked good but know nothing about the manufacturer. I can’t find any builds or reviews of it.

Is AMG any good? I see they have some other Eastern European/Russian items such as UAZ vans and such. Any opinions?

1 Like

AMG seems to be hit or miss if the kits where released. There molding looks ok but I think I was missing a few parts for this version. Maybe the wrong pe set.

Here is another example of there kits.
https://archive.armorama.com/forums/268615/

I remember seeing one of those 6x6 jeeps at the US Army Transportation Museum years ago. Interesting concept. here’s an idea.

Equipped with an M3 37mm AT gun.

I think you could mash up elements from other Jeep kits to shore up deficiencies in the AMG kit using a Tamiya kit, hoping that the kits are not overly different in terms of detail.

1 Like

Bronco makes an M3A1 37mm AT in plastic, while CMK makes one in resin.

Wow I have never seen this vehicle before. I gotta get me one of these. I have their ADGZ kit -

Molding is excellent with sharp detail. Fit is very good but not excellent. I’d put them along the lines with current Trumpeter.

1 Like

Looks cool, but if I build it, it will be w/out the AT gun. I’ve never liked wheeled AT guns.

The Willys MT-Tugs were only test vehicles w/only 15 being produced. They were never fielded.

Good to know. AMG sounds pretty good.

1 Like

Seen at the 2009 MVPA National Convention in Evansville, Indiana.
I was told this was one of the few remaining original prototypes.
(All photos by Mike Koenig)

1 Like

That must be worth money if true.

Nice find. It looks to be in really good shape.