AMPS Virtual Show

If you haven’t seen it yet AMPS is doing a virtual show for 2020 and 2021. You must be a current member to participate. Very easy to upload the photos.

1 Like

Wow … should be fun. I had entered a virtual show run by the DC club and it went well. There were a few glitches here and there it was well done.

The club was National Capitol Model Soldier Society I think, it’s proper name. Most figure modelers call it the DC club. Great bunch of guys

Any idea of dates?

It’s up and running now. All the usual categories but only one entry per category. Entered about 20 min ago.

@metalhead85 Where are you located if you don’t mine me asking?

Long Island NY

is there a link to view them DV or is it only if you are actually taking part ?

I don’t think you have to be a member to view the entries.

Once there you can click on the show results for 2020 or 2021.

1 Like

Thanks. Thought you might be closer to me in central PA.

Depending on where in central PA, that’s about 3-4 hours from me. I can make it to Valley Forge ( where they used to hold MFCA) in under 3 provided I can get out of NY without any problems- a rarity lol.

Do you meet with the central PA AMPS guys ?

@Seanmcandrews Indeed I do.

I’m just west of Harrisburg, about 90 min from VF.

Great bunch of guys, I used to meet with them when I still worked nights around '07. Were you there then ?

Yes and no. Maybe. There was a period when I missed for quite some time due to taking care of elderly in laws. That entire time is kind of a blur. I made some meetings but it was sporadic. Don’t remember your name but if I saw you and I’d probably recognize you as I am terrible with names but rarely forget a face. Taught college for over 20 years and when I see former students can’t remember their names but recognize them almost immediately.

Yes I’ve been to that part if PA several times