AMT 1965 Dodge Coronet 500

Here is my AMT/Polar Lights Snap Fit 1965 Dodge Coronet 500.

It is essentially built straight from the box, and it wasn’t without its issues. The color is Rust-Oleum Spa Blue. Trim was some with a 2mm Molotow chrome pen.

Some interior shots:

Thanks for looking.

Jim

5 Likes

That engine bay is filled to the brim, with Mopower.

Ah yes, the 426 Max Wedge with Cross-Ram induction! What a beautiful engine!
Very nice looking model, next up is a '69 R/T Coronet?

Cajun :crocodile:

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

Cajun, no, the next build is the AMT 1972 Chevrolet C10 Cheyenne pickup. Yes, another AMT kit. Apparently I like torturing myself. Then maybe the Tamiya Mustang GT4.

Jim

1 Like

Now this is just too cool. I never even knew that AMT did old snap kits like this. Awesome looking car and with a 426 Max Wedge at that!!

I almost never drop into this thread, but decided to see what’s going on.

Looking at the 65 Cornet on the box art made me laugh. My brother has the same car right down to the baby blue color and American mags (unpolished as well). His has a 483" engine with three two barrel carbs (a big Six Pack). His is an automatic (never thought we’d ever see that in our family). AMT got some things wrong in the kit. Hood scoops are wrong for 65 and later (those are 64 and 63). They did offer a 426 street wedge with one four barrel carb. Hood scoops on a 65 car means you have two head lights, no back seat, bunch of light weight engine parts (often unpainted from the factory). Seats are cut down from the A100 truck. All light weight cars had hemis in them. They did catalog a street hemi in 65 that had the cross ram with smaller carbs and 10:1 compression. I’ve seen exactly two in my life time! Or another way of saying this that it was even rarer than the light weight 64 hemi car in a two door hard top (they built seven)

65 was my favorite year (looks), but like the looks of the Plymouth even better.
gary

1 Like

Thanks, guys.

Jim