Amusing Hobby T72AV build

I’ve always wanted to build a beat up T72 and I’m finally going to try it with this kit.
I don’t think I’ll do the interior but might build up the engine.
Where I’m at so far.

8 Likes

Great fit so far.

5 Likes

The plate the holds the lower hull reactive blocks seems to be quite think, so I replaced it with .010 sheet.
I’ll cut up the blocks later and will have to add the sides to the blocks unless there are extra separate blocks somewhere in the kit.

5 Likes

Following with interest. :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

This should be a fun ride, subscribed!

1 Like

That is a great reference thread; thank you.

Without meaning to hijack the thread, though - are there any meaningful differences between the T-72 and T-90 interiors by Amusing Hobby that would make it worth getting both?

3 Likes

No idea

1 Like

Thanks much

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Simplifying all the upgrades, a T90 is just a T72 with a buttload of new stuff bolted to the turret, so in 1/35, no, there are no significant interior differences.

2 Likes

Speaking of T-90’s, Sprue Brothers lightning deal today is the Amusing Hobby T-90A w/interior.

3 Likes

Great price

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. The T-90 looks better, but I guess I have the T-72 so the T-72 I will build.

2 Likes

Nice i do need to add a Syrian tank to my collection

1 Like

Wheels cleaned up.

4 Likes

Roadwheel arms are in. They can flex but the dampeners can only so much.

5 Likes

Trying out the engine compartment. Some parts are not glued in yet.
I’m not sure if I will go all the way with this.

2 Likes

Getting on the engine.

3 Likes

A helpful book.

2 Likes

Got a lot done, some of this is not glued in and some was a pain to get into place. Don’t follow the directions exactly as I think you’ll not get parts in later in the sequence.

3 Likes