And on the 8th day a Man said "Let there be F Scale"

Some additional F Scale beauties coming out of this guy’s estate.
None of this is my stuff. I am just in awe of it all. However, if interested PM to me and I will help “hook you up!”

The box here says G scale but the end label clearly states it is 1 : 20.32 scale!

1 Like

In awe of it myself. That 0-6-0 though, it looks like it had a pony and trailing truck that have been removed.

No that is true to prototype. The back end looks so empty because the firebox is painted silver and in the photo you tend to think you are viewing the open background.

It is a B&O switcher made to get into tight places and on tight curves.

I don’t know if this little bit of digital editing will solve the problem but here it is.

1 Like

Good choice with the rusty color. Nothing prettier than a heat-oxidation breaking through the graphite.

1 Like

Seems to not be a lot of action around the ole Kitmaker Network these days.

I hope you are all out working on your Garden Railways!

1 Like

Amazing 30 inch gauge prototype - Outside Frame 2-8-0 in F Scale but built to run on G Gauge track. (By Bachmann Spectrum)
I would have to paint those big pie shaped counterweights a deep red just to better able to pick up are that great visual action as it ran down the pike!

Interesting comparison photo of massive Uintah 2-6-6-2T Articulated in G Scale with a somewhat diminutive 2-truck Shay Locomotive but done in F Scale.

1 Like

Those 2-6 6-2 T were done by Mantua and then Model Power long time ago. And I remember Mantua was bought, and M.P. “upgraded” them. I’ve always intended to buy one but always ended up putting the money towards something else. Do you know if the upgrade really did"upgrade" the model? I think they even put can motors and DCC in them didn’t they? Main reason I never bought one is that finding them undecorated is a real unicorn.

Even the LGB units are now out of production but still very popular!

I have no information regarding the various models offered in other scales or their possible upgrades.

FYI - this loco is what I was reaching for those many years ago when I built my little 2-4-4-2T in HO.

Seen just yesterday at the local hobby shop: (F Scale)

1 Like

Hey Mike still waiting for the shot with your hand in it for simple folk like me to really appreciate F scale! Coincidentally I saw a doco about Prague last night (from Michael Portillo’s Great Continental Railway Journeys series) featuring a bar with half a kilometre or more of track servicing about 15 tables. Your beers/coffees/whatever are delivered via loco/freight cars that looked maybe this big or bigger, with 20 seconds to offload your order before it shunts back to the kitchens. So on my bucket list :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I guess I need to “lend a hand” in some of my future F scale photos.

1 Like

Well finally here is the “helping hand.”
1 : 20.23 Scale

Ahhh so…thanks Mike I was surprised, don’t ask me why but I’d imagined it was slightly bigger so thanks for correcting me. The Prague bar was at least one scale up btw, needed to be to haul enough half-steins! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Well next i will try to offer you a 2 Truck Shay or something even bigger.

Two Truck Shay in Fn3 and G Scale Caboose.
I had to step back so far I could not get a hand in.

Hope the somewhat familiar items will help show the real size of these.

And here it is again without the distractions:

1 Like

Here is just the caboose with my “helping hand.”

1 Like

Honk honk.

Michael, I missed if you said it is your Shay?

No, sadly not mine ~ no room and no backyard (anymore).
I do have 3 Shays of the HO variety, and I may one day have a Bachmann 2 cyl. Shay in On30 if my shop guy ever gets around to installing the new gears.

Here is my stable of HO Shays. I have no photos of the On30 Shay that is being shopped.

24 ton Shay

Custom 38-42 ton Shay (Built from a larger PFM Class C Shay)

Pacific Coast Shay; 80 ton???