Anti-oxidant / anti-arcing rail product 👍🏻

Since December/January when I got the RR running, I have been cleaning the rails with white rubber erasers, 90% alcohol on a rag stretched over a block of wood… removing the black deposits on the track that are caused from arcing/corrosion …

Over a while these deposits interfere with loco operation as electrical conduction is impaired…

I saw a video on YouTube on Ron’s TNT channel about this…
Anyway in the video Ron recommended this product:
Sanchem No-Ox-ID “A Special”…

So I cleaned my rails again and applied a very thin layer of this conductive grease with my fingertip along the length of the track rail top

Anyway 2 weeks in the trains are running quieter…smoother….and the black deposits seem to be at bay….the upside of this product is it keeps the rails clean for months rather than weeks…

I got mine off eBay…no connection to the seller…

1 Like

Dave,
I also got this product from an Ebay vendor.
My trains and rails have improved in performance 100%!
Highly recommended product.
Cheers,

Kraft ~ you might enjoy this:

I knew immediately who was posting this message by the look of the weathered boxcar in the background of the photo.

I did not need to even read the by-line.

Update on the No Ox ID product…

Early March I applied this stuff to my rails…

Trains still running smoothly… 3 months plus in…no black buildup on the tracks…

Just encountered two very large G scale locomotives (A Challenger and a Big Boy) where the drivers had been coated with this god awful sticky black gook.

It stuck to everything and got all over everything before we discovered it.

It may improve traction and electrical connection but if that stuff is what it takes to run a model railroad then I am going to give up the hobby!

(The worst old, aged, dried axle grease out of a 1940s axle assembly was less trouble than this stuff!)

Don’t confuse the black goop with No Ox ID

No Ox ID is the texture and appearance is like Vaseline…

It minimizes micro arcing and keeps corrosion from building up on the rails…

Application is exceedingly minimal, just a tiny amount on your fingertips rubbed along the rail tops and it’s good to go…u can’t even see it there…

Almost 5 months in and everything is running fine…