Any word on Lots of Models?

A few weeks ago I noticed that the stock on the Lots of Models website and in their eBay store disappeared. Tried to reach them but nothing. Now, today, their website is gone. Anyone know what’s up?

They were one of the handful of shops I’d regularly buy from.

Thanks.

The last Facebook post was October of last year. No recent posts stating any issues. A few customer posts asking what happened to the ebay listings and if they are ever going to restock but noone replied to them. Does not look good.

I found an email: support@lots-of-models.com
And number: 636-673-2565

If anyone wants to try those.

Other chatter says they have closed down.

Not looking good.

I’d tried calling and emailing a couple weeks back but no response. I guess this explains it.

I don’t have a Facebook account and therefore can’t see that part of the discussion in the ARC thread. Is it more or less the same info?

There were a couple things I had in my cart that I was planning to pick up from them….oh well….he who hesitates….

There is no discussion really, I don’t have Facebook either but it supposedly shows his house blockaded. So that is not a great look.

Lots of Models closed down due to tax issues with the County and IRS. IRS/County confiscated all the property, equipment and items from Lots of Models and sold it at a County Court House Tax Auction to satisfy the tax owed.

Greg Cooper from The Scale Model Graveyard out of Denison, Texas now legally owns Verlinden Productions and Warrior Scale Models. How do I know that? I have seen the County Tax Bill of Sale. Anyone else tells you that they “own” VP and Warriors they are lying, fooling themselves, and extremely out of touch with reality.

@Jose_Rodriguez How long ago was this IRS auction?

Seven months later and no resurrection of these brands? I doubt we’ll ever see these brands again as there has been some talk about them coming back (from the original owners) and nothing. In fact, the original owners do not post anymore.

A shame, really, because Verlinden was well known for 120mm (1/16) scale figures and Warriors for 1/35 scale figures. Now many of these scales can be obtained through 3-D printing and STL file downloads, but not the original figure molds.

I sometimes wonder how a lot of this has to do with the past forum flamewars, trolling and trolls, and the withdraw from the hobby and eventual quitting of these reputable modelers from the forums.

Greg is putting some out now at the Scale Model Graveyard FB group. He also has an ebay store where he has started releasing some of the Verlinden stuff.

@Trisaw

There was another “flame war” on FB last week from one of the original “owners” of warriors, Calling @Jose_Rodriguez and Greg Cooper recasters, because he seems to think he still owns the brand (as well as a few others, that Jose and Greg legally own) He got called out, and rather than show the proof that he claims to have, he deleted the post.

Greg is trying to get stuff out, but when toy have a tractor trailer full of masters to go thru, it takes time. He has been putting some sets out (in limited quantities) thru both the Scale Model Graveyard group on FB as well as his Ebay store (Seller ID racershaven

1 Like

As Matt has eloquently stated above, the dillusional former part owner of Warriors is pissed off because he is no longer relevant in the hobby or associated with Verlinden and Warriors brands.

Lots Of Models was the owner of Warriors and Verlinden, this individual was just a worker/gofer who was eventually terminated by the owner of Lots of Models before the company was taken over and sold at auction by IRS due to tax default.

Any claims he makes about still beign “owner/co owner” of any part, or masters of those two brands (Warriors, Verlinden), and anything from Custom Dioramics, and/or Legends & Lore Resin Figures are the ramblings of someone dillusional, out of touch with reality, and someone totally oblivious to current events.

Greg Cooper is now the legal owner of Warriors and Verlinden.

I own Custom Dioramics, Legends & Lore Resin Figures, and many other masters from now defunct companies such as Dutton Enterprises, Kurton Enterprises, etc.

Thanks to all.

Jose Rodriguez
Custom Dioramics