Arma Hobby's 1/72 Hurricane Mk l

I rarely do aircraft but the Hurricane is (one of) my favorites, and when I saw Arma Hobby’s kit of it I had to get it! It’s truly a beautiful kit, I only wish I was a better aircraft builder to do it justice!

Comments?
:grinning: :canada:

12 Likes

That came out awesome Leo!
The camo and light weathering look particularly great.

Wow! You did great!

Thanks. I was expecting some harsher, yet (hopefully) constructive, criticism from the experts. It helps to start with a very good kit!

Leo that is a great build and something to be really pleased with. The only minor criticism I would pick out is the aerial wire is a bit thick. You’ve really done a great job on the weathered look of the paintwork particularly on the wing and leading edge :smiley:

1 Like

Gorgeous build you have there Leo. :wink: As in your case I rarely do aircraft but I’ve had an old Airfix 1/72 Mk I Hurricane languishing as a hangar queen off to the side of the work area for about two years. I’ve read some great things about those Arma kits and can only wish I was working on one of those instead of the old Airfix version. :thinking: I doubt my ancient former stash constituent will ever come close to your results. But with little imagination and TLC one can dream? :laughing: Great work!

Cheers,
Jan :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

You need to give yourself more credit, Leo! You’ve done an outstanding job and should be very proud of the results! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for sharing! :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys! (Big ego boost!). I’ll use a much thinner piece of line on that aerial wire.

2 Likes

Good and don’t forget the down line next to the post. Great work.

Hmmm…can you post any pics of that? Or describe it well? I haven’t got any refs on the Hurricane.

@Biggles50 - Leo,

What he’s referring to is the following:

Note how the antenna wire enters the fuselage near the base of the mast. (Image provided for discussion purposes only)

Cheers,
Jan :beers:

2 Likes

If I may make a self-criticism I would comment on my choice of color on the under-carriage. I followed the color chart and illustrations in the instructions to the letter, and carefully color matched my colors to those in the instructions. Unfortunately, there was a slight color shift in the printing and I ended up painting the undersides, and the fuselage band, a pale greenish-gray, instead of a pale bluish-gray. I think I’m slightly color-blind with blues and greens. I only realized that after paneling and decaling, and really didn’t (and couldn’t, anyway) re-do the paint job. So…not even close to competition-worthy! :pouting_cat:

1 Like

Hmmm…not too late to fix that. But if I f*** it up I’ll be sure to blame you!! :wink:

1 Like

@Biggles50 I think that you actually nailed that lower surface colour perfectly, according to me it is more green than blue so I think you’re spot on it! When it comes to criticism: I’ll second @litespeed on the antenna. Just to rub it in :slight_smile: ! But that’s minor and doesn’t detract from the fact that you’ve done a beautiful Hurricane that you should be proud of!

Make sure that you order the Arma Mustang, soon to be released!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

Thanks. :grin: I’ve fixed the antenna. I have Special Model’s Me 109E, and I’ve been eyeing Eduard’s Profipak Spitfire as my next purchase.

1 Like

@Biggles50 Neither of them will be a disappointment!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

1 Like

Fixed it!

5 Likes

Outstanding, I’m impressed. It does make a difference :smiley:

1 Like

I used a very fine wire available from well-stocked hunting/sports shops. It’s a mono-filament metal wire for fishermen making fly-fishing lures, available in several colors, and comes 300 ft on a spool for just a few dollars. BTW lead wire from .035 in. down to .010 in. is also available on a spool for peanuts - not like buying a few feet in a package for several dollars!

1 Like