Armor and Cavalry collection and training support facility

At Ft Moore today.
Wow…

8 Likes

I spot an Iraqi T-55 “Enigma”, second from the right. That back counterweight is unmistakable.

5 Likes

Some cool things on display there :+1:!

1 Like

6 Likes

Look at that beautiful sag (on the tracks).

5 Likes

Perfect

With all the base renaming’s, it would be nice to reference the old name to the new one. This used to be
Ft Benning!

4 Likes

Weathering is overdone on most of them…

:beer:

4 Likes

I am hoping to make it up there from Florida when they have one of their open house weekends. Combine it with a trip to the Infantry museum close by.

I’d love to see an “Enigma” conversion kit for the new RFM T-55A kit. The old Tamiya kit is almost impossible to find and expensive if you find one.

1 Like

Yeah that is a great place-I went with my AMPS chapter back in February before the AMPS Atlanta show. The size of those things really blew me away, seeing as I’d never really seen a tank up close before. I remember thinking, “Dang, I wouldn’t want to see that coming at me!” Thanks for the nice pictures!

1 Like

Heck ya

1 Like

Now imagine those tanks coming at you, crouching in a hole and letting them run over your hole so you then stand up and shoot the tank in the rear with a M72 LAW… that was one of the things that we did in training there at Ft Benning long ago… No disrespect intended to General Moore.

Nice photos! I do hope that they clean up that MBT-70! Looks like they have two… one indoors, and one outdoors… unless one is the XM801 prototype.

1 Like

Many moons ago my family I use to live next to Ft Benning and I remember making a pizza delivery there. I had to make my way through Boys in the Hood and I could not tell where the hood stopped and the base started. Then, many years later I went to Eduard AFB and I saw where the money went.

1 Like

What part of Florida? Brevard county here!

1 Like

Outside-

3 Likes

Other coast…Hernando county, 30 minutes N of Tampa.

2 Likes

Nice! I’m about 20-30 minutes north of you.

1 Like

I have found out that there are quite a few Floridians on the boards.

2 Likes

Yup. In Brandon/Valrico area, just SE of Tampa.

2 Likes