Armorcon | Armorama™

Armorcon is the AMPS Northeast Regional show.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/armorcon
6 Likes

I’m going. I am even going to enter a couple of models. It will be my first time entering models in a competition. I will be there with some friends from the Pittsburgh 3 Rivers AMPS club. Hope to see and talk to some of my fellow Armorama members.

2 Likes

Jeff you’ll find me chained to the registration desk out front. Please introduce yourself when you get there. I’d be pleased to meet you.

1 Like

Keep in mind that an AMPS show is NOT a competition. Your entries are judged independently of all the other entries, so you are not “competing” against anyone else.

The best way to think of an AMPS show is that it is a “juried exhibition.” You put your work on public exhibition, and a panel of judges will assess and score it according to the published standards. The score your work earns (actually, it’s you who earns the score since it’s you who created the work) can tell you how well you’ve done against those standards and where you might have room for improvement. Your work and your scores stand totally independent of anyone else’s work and scores.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I never looked at it quite that way, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation. We’ll see how things work out. I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Best of luck. :+1:

2 Likes