Artillery batteries in Vietnam

Period pics of the 6th Battalion 11th Brigade, Light Field Artillery batteries in Vietnam. Many useful views for diorama projects…

https://arty611.smugmug.com/

H.P.

2 Likes

they operated near me for awhile. Usually with the 6/11th Infantry (a Regimental battery). The blond in the pictures is none other than Chris Noel (disc jockey on AFN). Everybody in I-Corp had some kind of a crush on her (me too). She often spoke with somebody in I-Corp, and started things out with a “Hi I-Corp” sign on. We all we sure she was saying to each of us! There were even pools floating around as to just who I-Corp was! Rumor had it that he was an Officer in the 101st, but others said he was a Marine Officer.

The 6/11th started out down near the II-Corp border, then moved north to just a few miles west of Tam Key. That’s where I came to know them. Somehow (at one time anyway) the 17th CAV was connected to them. I helped blow up one of their ACAV’s that was marked 6/11th. That was roughly twenty five miles due east of my base camp, and we didn’t go over there much. The 6/11th (and 17th CAV) moved out in August 68. The 17th went north, and the 6/11th went down south to where they were originally. They were replaced by the 1st of the1st Armored CAV. with elements from the 196th attached to them.
gary

1 Like