ARVN M-113 (Tamiya)

Hey all, I’ve been a long-time reader and builder, just haven’t gotten around to posting until now.

Looking for some feedback on my Tamiya 113, done up as an ARVN vehicle of the 11th ACAV during the 1972 Easter Offensive.

Painting was done with sprays and by hand, with washes from MiG and a few others used for weathering. I also tried the paint thinner method for dirt streaks on the model’s sides and was quite impressed. Decals are from Star’s fantastic ARVN set. Have a crew on the bench for her, but as of now only the vehicle is anywhere near done. Thanks for taking the time to look, and do let me know what can be improved. There’s certainly much more for me to learn.

10 Likes

Nice job on a vintage kit. Looking forward to the addition of the crew.

As above nice work with the vintage kit.

When adding crew will you also add some stowage?

Kicking around the idea of adding branches like in this photo. From what I’ve read about the Easter Offensive, lots of vehicles were rushed into the fight without being totally loaded up. If anyone can confirm this or offer some input, feel free. Thanks for looking!

1 Like

Id say you have done well with a old kit.
I really like the photo with thw foliage.
If your going to add something like that , less is more. If you have access to a boxwood bush the branches on that work really well in scale . Also they can be cut and glued to fill it out more .
Keep up the good work.