Atlanta show in February

Just found this- AMPS Atlanta Annual Show
Anyone going?
They are also meeting at the Benning armor collection location.

1 Like

Possible, I’ll be visiting in North Carolina roughly that time frame and might squeeze in an extra road trip.

1 Like

Maybe. I only live 38 miles out of ATL but both my wife and youngest child have stuff going on that weekend so I am sort of ‘on call’.

1 Like

I’m going to the AMPS show. Just recently joined, but have had some membership verification issues. It’ll be cool to go to Ft. Benning, as well as great reference.

I went Saturday to this year’s show after having breakfast with my daughter downtown at GSU. My wife went along even though she knows nothing about tanks or models.
Not as much to see as I was hoping; the vendor room was heavily devoted to figures and paint products. Very few people selling actual models. A guy from Squadron was there selling close-out and random nonsense for cheap. I got a set of Takom 3d Panzer I tracks for $5. Wishing now I had bought the Bandai A-Wing another dealer had as it was $20 cheaper than the online options.

The model room was probably 60/40 figures/vehicles. I didn’t take a pic of everything but here are some highlights:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Looks great

3 Likes

5 Likes

Some epic pieces there- thanks for posting these.

2 Likes

Some nice kits there.

2 Likes

I’ve no real desire to explore the ATL; I’ve lived 38 miles away for the last 17 years and I try to limit my exposure to that non-stop traffic jam as much as possible.

Plus the only hobby shop is the HobbyTown USA in Kennesaw.

2 Likes