Aussie M113SA3

The T150F look very similar.

2 Likes

Totally forgot. The Academy M113A1 does come with the Cadillac Gage T-50 Turret. (Parts Tree V).

Decided to pu it together.

2 Likes

Why would you buy all the bits off shapeways, when you can buy the whole kit on ebay :wink:

4 Likes

the front indicators are available through FC model Trend

Fat Frog Models do the T150 track

I have recently finished the AFV Club Oz M113 and was very happy with the kit, I am looking at making another Aust M113 of the Timor period and will be using the AFV club as the base with the above additions (and a few extras) as it does not need a hell of a lot to bring it up to 1999 spec.
As an ex ADF member I do get anal on the colours and recommend SMS paints as they are quiet accurate

the Perfect scale tracks seem accurate the the set I purchased ended up in the bin, difficult to clean and fragile, I broke more than I put together.

3 Likes

AS4 runs T150F tracks

4 Likes

This turret shape is off…

H.P.

2 Likes

Just bought one of these from eBay.

According to the seller, the Stinger Models M113AS4 ALV is still in production and we’ll be available soon.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Additional Aussie ALV pics here.

And Frenchy had posted a photo of one in UA.

3 Likes

Call sign/ Firestorm models both do conversion sets for Aussie M113s

Didn’t see any M113AS4 conversions but they did have the George mine explorer conversion that I just ordered.

I’ve been looking for this contraption for a long time after seeing photos of it years ago and more recently in a bunch of M113 photos that @Frenchy linked.

2 Likes

Callsign do not do an AS4.

It was Mouse House that released a resin AS4:

The 3D Printed is an upcoming release from Stinger Models (also coming, an ALV conversion from them):

This thread started about its predecessors and Callsign do various upgrades for them including this one:

and this one:

… and of course the mine exploder above

I can’t comment on them as I have not seen them.

Have got the Mouse House AS4 on the to do list and an exceptional kit but sadly not available any more, wish I had got 2 kits. Stinger won’t comment. Have done the Call sign T-50 Late, again very good but it has a solid turret, if planning to build buttoned up; good option. The 1966 version does not have the turret therefore could not be made into E.Timor version.
Another option is MMK, 1/35 V-100 M-113A1 T50 Turret Conversion Set (#MMK-F3048) - BNA Model World can’t comment on kit but looks good. I was planning to purchase this for my E.Timor version but the AFV kit came out and as mention built up beautifully. M113AS3 AFV is the kit to get.

2 Likes

Do you feel the waves of jealousy coming from my home?

sure do

1 Like

As I recall https://www.boomersbooks.net/ picked up the Mouse House resin line. Not as great for y’all as it’s across the world but not dead.

1 Like

Hi Ryan. The linked page just says they are an agent for the books Mouse House used to sell.

As I understand it, some moulds were not actually the property of Mouse House. Mouse House had the rights to use them to produce items for a fee, but upon sale, the agreements were not transferrable to a new owner. If this company does actually have moulds that were under licence, they cannot use them.

1 Like

Talking with the link owner at AMPS Nationals last year, as I recall he had some Mouse House resin on hand (just got) and was going to be starting back up selling resin.

2 Likes

The instructions for the Stinger Models M113AS4 ALV have been posted:

2 Likes

Ok, there seems to be some confusion about Australian M113A1’s here and what the OP is after.
For starters, that image is a B Sqn 3/4 Cav M113A1 in East Timor in 1999.
There is no such thing as an M113SA3. Apart from 1 test vehicle.
The only engine deck change is from the A1 to the AS4. The “flapper” exhaust was fitted to some A1’s due to the role the car was used for. Not an engine upgrade.
The M113AS4 (stretched) didn’t deploy overseas.
The best kit to use is the AFV Cub M113A1 with T50 turret.
From Vietnam until 1999 there were very few changes. The main notable differences were (externally on the AFV Club kit)
Indicators front and rear
GPS
Antenna mounts for RAVEN Radio
Cargo hatch bump stop
Drivers hatch
Jerry can mounts
Tracks, either T130E1 Black Track, T130E1 Gold Track or Diehl 513B (AS4 has T150F)

3 Likes

Not being to much of a rivet counter i kit bashed a Canadian version

5 Likes