Automotive kit online retailers

I’m more of an armor and aircraft build, but I would like to pick up some auto kits. So I went and started to look around but was a lack of selection from my go to online retailers and local hobby shops. Any recommendations for online automotive kit dealers?

Hobby Easy an online retailer in Hong Kong has an excellent selection of products.

Scale Hobbyist: Model_Cars

Both are excellent in my experience ordering AFV kits.

2 Likes

Spot Model does auto kits, although they lean towards racing cars. They do carry other stuff in addition to tons of aftermarket. I got a resin set to convert the Hasegawa VW pickup into a doublecab from them.

1 Like

As mentioned Spot Model is solely focused on cars, bikes and trucks. I would say racing cars are prominent because that is what is mainly produced these days. The other site, equivalent to Spot is Hiroboy in the UK, They also have extensive list kits related to road and track. Both also sell a hugh range of aftermarket as well.

1 Like

Not an auto guy myself… Well, I used to be, back in the day of my '57 Chevy Nomad. Anyway, as a model builder, I subscribe to the ‘HOBBYNUT MODELS’ weekly newsletter and I see lots of auto stuff on their site (good online vendor). HTH.

—mike :oncoming_automobile:

2 Likes

Another useful vendor, Mike Decals.
https://www.mikesdecals.com/index.php

1 Like