Avant Garde! France 1916 'Inspirations' by Roger Hurkmans | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/avant-garde-france-1916-inspirations-by-roger-hurkmans
1 Like

What a stunningly dynamic piece of artwork. This one really stands out, as the viewer is drawn in from every possible angle. Well done!

—mike

PS: The opening image alone is one of Adie Roberts‘ clever deceptions. Don’t bypass clicking on the link to fully appreciate this piece.

1 Like

That is incredible! What scale is it? Those horses look like metal?

1:35. It’s usually noted in the upper left-hand corner when you open these links.

Thanks for that. Very interesting. Perhaps he used a metallic primer…

Incredible job! Great animation, painting and everything really. Amazing!

Thanks for the tip. I thought it was just a solo figure, and thought:
French Cavalry?
Who is he running away from?
What is he trying to fend off with his lance?
But none of the MiniArt sheep are posed in high-speed pursuit mode…
Britains used to do a running rabbit back in the day, them bunnies can be a menace if you don’t have a holy hand grenade…

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Achtung uhlanen! I’m currently working on a 1914 French cuirassier so found this inspirational.

A tour de force of modelling, just amazing to see such a dynamic piece of work like this.

Roger is an award winning modeller and this is just one example of his fantastic work. To see more of his amazing dioramas Google Roger Hurkman.

One of my all time favourite modellers.

2 Likes