Bandai X and Y wing double build. 1/72nd

Hey all, time for some more Star Wars fun.

Have made a start on both these kits. They go together very well, push fit but will be using glue, especially on Y-wing.

My only gripe is the separation of parts for the different colours, but I understand Bandai’s reasoning. Amazing engineering on the kits, especially the Y-wing fuselage with its unbelievable detail and all that pipe work, just astounding.

Was going to wait for the new campaign but will build something else for that. These are needed to complete my Bandai A-B-X-Y-wing rebel fighter collection.

Thanks for looking in.

A couple of closeup’s of that detail on the Y-wing, come on Bandai, this would be epic in 1/48th!

And the decals for both.

6 Likes

well you certainly have your work cut out there and it’s good to see someone building the Y-wing as that doesn’t seem to happen very often.

1 Like

Lovely to see a double build Jim. They both look nice. Its a good idea to glue, I did that on my AT ST . Look forward to seeing you build these up :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the interest David @Klaus-Adler and John @Johnnych01 .

The Y-wing will be painted in the sub assemblies as they are just now, but the x-wing will have the top of the fuselage together once the cockpit is done, although the wings will be getting separated for painting too.

Spending more time staring and planning the paint than actually physically doing anything just now!

2 Likes

Those Bandai kits are little short of incredible! Minimal parts, and maximum detail! :+1: :+1:
:grin: :canada:

3 Likes

Probably one of the more important phases Jim…

2 Likes

I must agree Leo @Biggles50 , although the y-wing has dozens of bits of pipe work etc, still can’t get over the engineering, building it was a revelation, all manufacturers should be made to build this just to see what’s possible!

Yeah John @Johnnych01, if I could just make decisions before “staring and planning” becomes “I’ll just put this aside and start on something else”, I say while opening the old Tamiya Sherman kit I have just got delivered…Ha!

2 Likes