Barrel from 1/35 Challenger 1

Preferably in the UK to avoid crazy postage, does anyone have an old barrel for either of the above, can even be part of an old gash / broken kit you have stuffed in a box somewhere. Message here or feel free to PM me.

I might have one from the Tamiya kit I used for my AA chieftain

Thanks Richard, that could be an option … Just need to look at postage from across the pond…:+1:

Yeah I have it. Let me check with the post office here in NY about the shipping.

Will look at my stash late tomorrow, when back from Stoke on Trent show.

1 Like

Cheers Frank… And all these damn shows I don’t know about on my days off… I gotta start paying more attention to show dates and venues… hopefully I can get to the Yeovil one Boots was on about

Richard, thanks for looking but after checking it out a bit more the Tamiya chieftain barrel won’t be any good, I thought it was just the MRS shroud I would need to add but the whole thermal sleeve is slightly different and will take to much work to make it into a L11A5… Thanks for the offer and taking the time to look though…
@frank that is probably the same for you mate, so don’t waste any time if it’s the Tamiya chieftain barrel…
I may have to get a donor Chally 1 for the barrel… I’m loathe to get the AA one in case it’s warped … I’m seriously starting to go off resin…

I see, no problem John.

May have the chally, one as done an crarrv start of last year.

That would be a bonus Frank if you have one … Let me me know once you a get a chance as there’s no rush… This one may take a while …

John, the AA barrels are normally pretty good; I use their Sov ones quite a bit and they have a thick wire stuffed down the centre to help stop any warping.

Problem is the L11A5 one they have is the same as the one that I have. So I’m dubious as to the resin finish for it, admittedly it may be a new cast and the newer grey resin … It’s tricky … I couldn’t find any other 120mm barrels out there…pity really

hi Johnny, not found the one I was looking for, must have binned it with quite a few other bits, but have a built kit that was given to me that I can remove the barrel from .

Frank, thats a very generous offer mate and I’d ask that you were 100% happy doing it before I said yes.

Not a good build, so a few bits coming off, for other projects

Blimey … that may be the kindest thing for that poor Chally 1, to take it apart for a base overall lol … so yes please mate that would be a godsend :+1:

send your address so i can post it,
this will be new to me on this site, not had messages on here it before.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.